bass drop outs on dvd and bluray of wings ROCKSHOW. what to do?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bigmikerocks, Jun 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FACE OF BOE

FACE OF BOE Forum Resident

Hi all

Does anyone know where I can buy the corrected blu ray of Rockshow?

Kind regards

Marc

2. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Once I get a reply, I'll forward her the information. Thanks for the info guys!:edthumbs:

3. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Argh... Got this for Christmas, sat down to watch it, and sure enough, it's the defective version. How can major retailers not have weeded out the bad ones yet?

Guess I'll be spending some time with Eagle Rock customer service...

4. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

I've been putting off buying another copy of this just because I was afraid of getting defective one again. Sorry to hear this and hope you can still get it replaced.

5. Rosco IV

Rosco IV Active Member

I got the DVD for Christmas. Someone ordered it for me direct off Amazon and I cannot detect dropouts in the 5.1 mix. Not sure about the blu-ray but it seems that the DVDs are in the clear as far as Amazon goes.

6. konajinx

konajinx Forum Resident

Got the DVD from Amazon over the holidays and it sounds great to me.

7. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Sorry if this was mentioned already but is there a way to check to see if you have a bad disc by inspecting it or do I have to play it to be sure ?

8. You have to play it.

9. backseat

backseat Italian translator - Paul McCartney's 'The Lyrics'

Unfortunately my DVD copy has got this problem of bass drop-outs. In some places the bass seems to disappear completely. That's really ruins the whole experience of the concert.

www.mccartney-recordings.com

10. Frank

Frank Senior Member

@backseat - work it out with Eagle Rock. After the poor showing of releasing a defective product in the first place, they have been awesome about getting corrected copies into people's hands.

11. masterbucket

masterbucket Senior Member

I got a corrected copy from a very nice gal at Eagle Rock months ago.
    Took about 3 days and sounds great.

12. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Anyone have the contact info for Eagle Rock?

13. chef0069

chef0069 Forum Resident

I watched this on VH1 the other night, and was truly amazed at the performances, esp Denny Laine. I wrote Paul off back in the late 70's, I wish I hadn't and in hindsight had gone to a Wings concert, but I was too cool for that! BTW, was Linda actually playing any keys, or faking it? Who played the organ on Let Me roll it? thanks!

14. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Contact info is all over this thread.

15. Rosco IV

Rosco IV Active Member

She definitely played her keyboards. She wasn't on the level Billy Preston or anything like that, but she played piano (on "Venus and Mars") and various synths throughout the whole tour. I am unsure if there was an organ or not, but if Denny or Paul were preoccupied with guitars, more than likely Linda was handling the keys.
    In later years, Paul dumped the horn section and got Wix Wickens to play the more sophisticated parts but as RockShow displays, she could hold her own. There's a handful of great keyboard solos in there; "Jet" and "Band on The Run" for example.

heatherly and rstamberg like this.
  16. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I don't know that I'd call those keyboard solos great. They are very basic, but very well served by the great songs that surround them.

helter and Stallings like this.
  17. Rosco IV

Rosco IV Active Member

It doesn't have to be complicated to be great. Sometimes basic is best.

18. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Yes, but it does have to be great to be great. If I just heard someone playing those rudimentary keyboard parts apart from the great songs that surround them, I'd laugh at them. I'm not a Linda hater, but those are not great solos.

Stallings likes this.
  19. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

I watched parts of this yesterday again. I'll say it again. This was Paul at his peak for bass playing. Never again has he equaled it. Fantastic. Doesn't play the bass live these days anywhere near this level.

helter and Frank like this.
  20. Clark V Kauffman

Clark V Kauffman Forum Resident

This is far and away the best concert video of McCartney's career -- not just because of the performance, but because it eschews the rapid-fire editing that serves no purpose; the affected, hand-held, monkey-cam shots; and the interminable footage of fawning, tearful audience members, all of which plague every other concert video of his except for the PETA concert (where his performance is fairly brief) and, to a certain extent, the Cavern Club show.

I'm REALLY hoping "Rock Show" has made him more aware that when it comes to concert videos, the less stylized they are, the better they are. I'd like a decent home-video release of the 2013 tour.

helter likes this.
  21. testikoff

testikoff Seasoned n00b

Back to important things... ;)

Customer Service e-mail address is:
    [email protected]

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  22. helter

helter Forum Resident

Best live performance of McCartney ever on video.
    His singing, musicianship and band all contribute to his peak on home video for a live performance.

It's a shame some people might not pull the trigger on this purchase because some copies have bass drop outs .
    They are really missing out!

I don't hear any problems on my DVD copy:)

23. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

I keep contemplating buying it but I don't want to get another affected copy. I have. I confidence that the copies in stores over here are the corrected versions. Assuming it doesn't go out of print, I'll probably get it in a year or two.

helter likes this.
  24. vitorbastos123

vitorbastos123 Forum Resident

Does someone here bought a copy of the concert in Blu Ray and tell me if there's any problems?

25. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I'm finally going to pick this up and I'd like to know if I'm safe ordering a new copy from Amazon or not.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.