Bates Motel on A&E - Anyone Watching? *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

Too bad next week in the season finale. they could end the show right now and say "Watch the movie" and it would fit.

Norman is a bad-@ss kid with such an outward love-hate for his mother that it all makes sense. I'm loving it!

MikeInFla likes this.
  2. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Next week is already the finale? Seems like it just came back on.

3. Yeah that seems way too soon. You sure. ???

4. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

There are 4 more episodes, each season contains 10 episodes.

5. rburly

Monday night they said "Next week on the Season Finale." I don't make the news, just sayin' what I saw.

6. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

Yeah everytime Norman and his mother do something like rolling around on the bed I really wonder what is coming next. Very weird.

Third season...... :goodie:

modrevolve likes this.
  7. rockclassics

Yeah - don't make him blackout. Last night's ending was definitely a "holy crap" moment.

8. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I thought I saw that too but imdb confirms four more episodes.

9. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Next week can't be the finale- that just ain't right.

10. progrocker71

Very good episode. I'm really liking this season, I think reducing the number of different plot threads has helped tighten the focus.

MikeInFla likes this.
  11. rburly

It seemed too soon for me too, but when I heard "next week's season finale", I thought "Wow, that was a short season."

I guess being a student of human behavior I really find the writing really good on this show. It seems true to how Norman would get to "Psycho", the movie. I have to agree though, Norman never had any blackouts in "Psycho", so, while it's a way to make sense of his whacked out violent behavior, I think they could just let the violent behavior happen and not address what happens when he gets violent. Sure, his mother not letting him get his license upset him, but they could show an even more controlling Norma before the series ends.

I'm really looking forward to Fargo, the 10 episode TV series.

12. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I agree. My only complaint is Dylan and the pot farm. I'm not sure where they are going with that one since it seems so separate from what Norma and Norman are doing - might as well be a different show.

13. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

His blackouts are essentially the dissociative episodes where he turns into Mother (which has already happened once). I don't know that he remembered what he was doing when he was Mother in "Psycho" either.

14. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

They're making slow but steady progress towards the movie. I can see the shoe going for five or more seasons in order to get all of the details necessary to set up the movie plot in place. The ten episode seasons are too short, in my opinion.

15. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I find I don't think about the movie much when watching the show, except when they shoot the house from below or certain angles on the staircase. I feel it's taken on its own life. The fact that it is set in the present day helps.

MikeInFla likes this.
  16. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Ha! Norman spooning Norma cracked me up!

modrevolve likes this.
  17. rburly

I realize the blackout is a dissociative state for him at the time, and I suppose they need to account for his behavior in the show. There was no need to bring it up in the movie.

His Mother "blackout" was a seriously scary thing to watch. I don't know the actor who plays Norman, but he's good at it, IMHO.

18. rburly

The only time I think about the movie is either at the end of the show or after a little incestuous-type situation with Norman and Norma rolling around on the bed or making out. :p

19. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Well, Norma has now become a part of the "pot" machine, that is likely where they are going to collide.

20. progrocker71

Exactly.

21. Lonson

And I think she's about to cozy up to the Sheriff and there you have Norma being pulled all kinds of ways. . . . Going to be interesting. Hope there is more than one episode left this season. (Just looked and the next epsiode is not labeled "Season Finale" in the cable guide description).

22. progrocker71

Per IMDB there are 4 more episodes in the season.

Episode 7: Presumed Innocent - April 14th
    Episode 8: Meltdown - April 21st
    Episode 9: The Box - April 28th
    Episode 10: The Immutable Truth - May 5th (season finale)

23. Lonson

Great. I too think I heard them say that next week was the season finale!

24. rockclassics

Last night was definitely not the season finale. They showed previews for the following week.

25. rockclassics

Last nights episode was another good one. I still can't figure out where the drug storyline is going but it looks like it is about to get a lot more interesting.

It also looks like the conflict between Norma and Norman is continuing to build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.