Bates Motel on A&E - Anyone Watching? *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

No, it definitely wasn't. I may have confused it with Dallas, which I watch from 9-10.

The drug arc with Norman's brother is going somewhere, and it doesn't look like it's going anywhere good for the brother.

As far as the mother and child reunion, the enmeshment between Norman and Norma got deeper and more pronounced, for sure. The loving, touching and squeezing continues, but the anger between the 2 is increasing weekly. With 3 episodes left, I'm sure the season finale will be a doozy.

2. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

I was also sorry to see Cody go if she is actually gone. I suspected she could have continued to be a major source of conflict between Norman and his mother.

3. rburly

That little triad is like gasoline and a lighter. We'll have to see what becomes of Cody. I have a feeling she'll come back into the picture if she does go to Indiana.

rockclassics likes this.
  4. rockclassics

Hard to say since she said she would not do the calling or texting thing. I could see her corrupting the hell out of Norman and really pissing off mother.

5. rburly

She pisses off mother, mother pisses her and Norman off and Norman blacks out. And when mother talks about Norman's blackouts, that pisses Norman off even more. Some interesting relationships there. :)

6. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

During my "lost decade" in the 70s , I had some interesting relationships while often blacking out...................nothing this twisted , however.

7. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Aaahhh, but if you were blacked out, how can you know that???

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Darn it! My DVR only caught the second half of the episode. . . have to wait for OnDemand to get it, and/or the next showing (Sunday I think). Sigh.

9. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident

You can watch it online at the A&E website if you can't wait.

10. Lonson

Yeah, I don't like watching things on the computer when I have a killer audio/video system!

11. Chip Z

Chip Z Forum Resident

I'm the same way. I've actually purchased shows on Amazon to watch in the basement because I didn't want to watch them upstairs on the "small" (55") screen without the big speakers.

12. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Or you can hook your computer up to your audio/video system like I did and have the ability to watch all your content in one place.

13. Lonson

I've tried that, don't enjoy it. I prefer to keep my computers and my strereo separate. Works best for me.

14. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Another good episode. This season has just flown by. I can't believe it's almost over.

15. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Yep, I'm big on computer by itself over there and my HT over there.

16. Jim T

Jim T Forum Resident

Normans's creepy factor is going up and up.

17. DreadPikathulhu

There is a lot of stuff coming to a head this season. I'm expecting the finale to be one of those "I can't believe I have to wait 9 months to find out what happens!" ones.

18. Lonson

It hit OnDemand and I watched. Yes Jim, his creepy factor is spiking. Three more episodes to go I guess.

19. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident

I said earlier in the thread that this series could go years before getting to "Psycho". I still think that is true but the last couple of weeks you finally are starting to see what Norman will become. I think the way the slow build is being written is awesome.

rockclassics likes this.
  20. DreadPikathulhu

I'm wondering how long they are going to draw this out. Norman has changed drastically in the last few episodes. I can't see this going on for more than another two seasons. I totally expect this season to end with someone major (perhaps Emma?) getting killed by Norman. Once he finds out she's been shagging Pot Cupcake, "mother" may come out.

21. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

But he's also really sympathetic and nuanced as a character, as is Norma. Vera Farmiga is astonishing in that role. Who would ever have guessed that a reboot of Psycho would be so engaging? I haven't seen this week's episode yet, but I like the Norma + sheriff prickly suspicious friendship (with eventual benefits?) thing they're doing this season.

JimC likes this.
  22. rburly

You'll really like this week's episode then!

23. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Just misunderstood.

24. rockclassics

I think we are going to hear more about what happened when the teacher got killed last season. There is a definite link to Norman that was revealed at the end of the episode this week. Another one of Norman's blackouts I suspect.

25. rburly

When they took Norman's DNA, the cop said his DNA was a match for ... what? Was it the teacher's death?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.