Bates Motel on A&E - Anyone Watching? *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

He was trying to find out how big their tomato patch was. The dog just happened to be roaming around, I guess.

2. JimC

JimC Senior Member

She delivered that perfectly!

3. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

Emma.....WOW!!!!! :yikes:

4. DreadPikathulhu

She has matured. I hope she doesn't end up a victim.

5. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I thought that was Anika at first, but then... WOW!!!

6. rburly

7. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

People are surprised with how lovely Olivia Cooke is? I noticed it in the pilot episode a couple years ago. When the show first started everyone was talking about the blonde (Nicola Peltz) who is cute....but Olivia is gorgeous.

chacha and AndrewS like this.
  8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Norman's freak out seemed pretty realistic to me. Good acting.

MikeInFla and rockclassics like this.
  9. rockclassics

After last night's encounter on the stairs between Norman and his mother, I can definitely see him getting angry enough at her to do her in at some point in the future.

MikeInFla likes this.
  10. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Yeah, I'm surprised at people's surprise too. I guess they've just never been able to see past her oxygen tank, but Olivia has always been very pretty. She's a perfect example of how Hollywood takes a beautiful woman, mouses her up, and then try and pretend she's not the babe she really is.

11. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Up to now she hasn't had to be the babe. She has played just right.
    Now, I couldn't tell what was in Norma's hand that the girl gave her.

12. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

A bloody USB drive. Presumably with footage from the party that I expect Norma will be able to use against city government to stop the bypass.

13. rockclassics

I am still trying to figure out the sheriff. He obviously knew about the marijuana crops / business and he also knows about the sex club. So is he just looking the other way on these things or is he an active participant? He also has his suspicions about Norman and the dead people or missing people that seem to have a connection to him. But yet it seems he is protecting Norman. Is he doing this to get to Norma?

Just some things that I ponder when I watch the show.

14. shokhead

Cool!

15. shokhead

I think he just picks his battles.

16. DreadPikathulhu

Loved the shot of Emma driving the plants to the farm. Some great stuff from Freddie Highmore this week. Hard to believe he's British. I was a bit doubtful in the first season that he'd he as good as Anthony Perkins was, but he's becoming the definitive Norman.

JimC likes this.
  17. rburly

Watching this show is like watching Better Call Saul for those of us who watch both shows. We know what happens in Psycho, so we know what's going to eventually happen with Norman... and Norma. This last episode Norman ratched up his rage with his mother, so we're past the anger stage of Norman with Norma.

I'm sure the producers are looking for at least 5 years for this show, so they have a couple years before Norman becomes the Norman of Psycho. He's at least halfway there now, so things will be getting more intense with him from now on. It's like The Making of Psycho watching this show. I'm lovin' it!

JimC and rockclassics like this.
  18. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Carlton Cuse knows what he's doing, I've enjoyed a number of shows he's heavily involved in. Bates Motel likers would possibly enjoy his newest one, The Returned on A&E,

19. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Perhaps in the short term, but unless they want to un-do some fundamental things about the original film, then at some point they will end up doing the bypass, right?

20. DreadPikathulhu

Other than the occasional annoying subplot (the sex slaves in season 1, Norma's boyfriend in season 2, and the pot farm in season 3), I think it's a terrific show. They've really ramped Norman up this season and I'm looking forward to where they go next year (though I hope they don't make it is over-the-top gory as Hannibal is). I am looking forward to when they finally but Dylan to use in the main plot.

It would be interesting if they were to follow the series with an adaption of the movie. I know it's already been done twice, but by that point we would have had five years to bond with the characters, which would make it more emotionally relevant.

21. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I think Highmore is doing a great job. However, I think he does a pretty laughably poor job of faking an American accent. At this stage, I wouldn't want it any other way. His weird voice, where British-ish bits constantly pop through, is now "his" voice on the show.

I was apprehensive with Highmore's ability to be credibly not just crazy, but scary. I think he's growing into it at the appropriate pace for the show. There is surprising realism to a lot of the awkward bits on this show. Norman kind of pursuing Emma and then seemingly randomly pushing her away. That weird non-kiss-kiss thing with Romero and Norma.

Nestor Carbonell as Romero is turning into a character as intriguing as Norma and Norman; he's becoming the secret weapon of this how acting-wise.

MikeInFla and JimC like this.
  22. balzac

balzac Senior Member

I've heard a lot of theories with how they would or could end the show, including everything up to totally flipping it and having Norma kill Norman. I hope they get however many seasons they need. Ten episodes per year isn't enough!

MikeInFla and DreadPikathulhu like this.
  23. shokhead

Well it looks like either way business is/would be slow. More business seems like it would be good for more plots?

24. DreadPikathulhu

If I were running a pot farm or a sex club, I'd be sure to stay at the little out of the way hotel instead of the Comfort Inn by the freeway.

25. rockclassics

....and more potential "disppearances".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.