Bates Motel on A&E - Anyone Watching? *

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by rockclassics, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

Spoiler alert..everytime Norma gets really happy about something, she is usually freaking the F out 5 minutes later.

Marble Index and rburly like this.
  2. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Probably would be good to end with Marion Crane's arrival.

3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I would like to see at least a partial adaption of the Psycho movie. I was somewhat disappointed that they didn't include the elements introduced in Psycho II and III, where Norman's mother isn't really his mother, but the current cast has completely won me over.

4. Those networks are owned by the same parent company. Probably want to expand the audience

chacha likes this.
  5. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member Thread Starter

You definitely do not want to miss last night's show (4/13/2015). Very interesting episode. I am not going to say anymore since I do not want to spoil it for those who have not seen it yet.

rburly likes this.
  6. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Yes. This show keeps getting better.

rockclassics likes this.
  7. Lots of things happened last night including one major scene that tips to the Psycho. Huge.

MikeInFla, JimC and rockclassics like this.
  8. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I like how that went down. It was almost like it was right out of the movie. Freddie Highmore is excellent in the role of Norman.

rockclassics and Mazzy like this.
  9. modrevolve

I know this show is a suspense filled drama, but I find myself laughing out loud more then anything. There is just so much ridiculousness to it, which is a good thing.

Shawn, JimC and DreadPikathulhu like this.
  10. Agree but Psycho had a bit of very dark black humor

11. rockclassics

Agree. The downside is there are only 4 more episodes left for this season. :cry:

12. chacha

I liked the Norma does Marion Crane references as she's driving with some similar music cues as well. Another great episode.

Mazzy likes this.
  13. DreadPikathulhu

Wow, time flies. :cry:

14. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

You know, this show is getting GOOD. I thought season 2 was a bit of a slog, I think this one is the best so far. These last few episodes especially, it's reaching a crescendo of grim that's kind of exhilarating.

15. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I laughed out loud when Emma was checking in a guest and told him the Wifi password - "MOTHER". Ha! I also got a kick out of how Norman was trying to make his mother jealous of Emma when he thought she was being too nice to Dylan.

progrocker71 and JimC like this.
  16. rockclassics

Who is going to end up at the bottom of that 23 foot deep pit?

Every good motel has a swimming pool out front in the parking lot. :D

rburly likes this.
  17. modrevolve

I thought for sure Emma was a goner last night :( Freddie is doing a great job as Norman but he does slip back into his English accent from time to time.

18. rburly

I was wondering when someone was going to comment on last nights show.

Many very interesting events last night. One: "The doctor said I may be sexually attracted to you." How close are we to the series ending?! I read this morning that we're ending Season 3 (already?) and that the creator wants 5 seasons with 50 episodes. Only two more seasons?!

19. rburly

Freddie seems to slip into it when he goes into crazy Norman with that look on his face and the British accent comes through.

DreadPikathulhu and modrevolve like this.
  20. modrevolve

the scene between Norman and his Mother in bed kind of reminded me of this

21. balzac

balzac Senior Member

Highmore's "American" accent is pretty abysmal if you really think about it. But I think it actually works for "Bates Motel." It adds another layer of weirdness, a layer of eccentricity. Almost as if Norman is so weird that one of his tics is that he assumes a pseudo-British accent for no explicable reason.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    kwadguy likes this.
  22. DreadPikathulhu

With all of the events of the last few episodes, I don't see how they are going to sustain it for two more seasons. Norman is going to be bat-**** crazy from here on out.

I'm not really happy about the gun running plot. That seemed to come out of nowhere and I can't imagine where it would fit into the larger narrative. Maybe the gunrunners come looking for Dylan and Caleb and end up at the motel?

I was somewhat annoyed when they showed Dylan and Caleb driving to Canada to see that not only did the road look nothing like what you'd see going from Oregon to B.C., but the mountains were on the wrong side of the car. They were driving south.

23. rburly

They're already almost where I thought the show would end at this point. I'll try to find the interview where I read they wanted 5 seasons and 50 shows.

I could see them getting to the point where Psycho began and maybe a little farther in, but they'll be there next year if they move at the same speed they have this year.

I hope they take time to show how the drug running, Sheriff relationship and Dylan/Caleb relationship to Norma and Norman leads to the beginning of Psycho as well.

24. rockclassics

It seems like this show has had its share of storylines that start quickly and then stop just as quickly. Makes me wonder if they are throwing some things at the wall to see what sticks. Most of these abandoned storylines don't seem to get tied together - it is just people in and out of the main characters lives.

25. chacha

Curious as to why you say that- I don't remember her being in peril.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.