"Batman" (Adam West TV show) on DVD Update

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by John DeAngelis, Sep 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Agree 100%

If these things aren't pointed out then they won't get fixed. Kudos to Criterion for creating a replacement disc for 'Eraserhead' so quickly.

anthontherun likes this.
  2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Favorite post from Blu-ray.com ( not mine ) :

" Noticed from screenshots, one of Adam West's eye lashes was missing. Order cancelled. " :laugh:

Hawkman and tootull like this.
  3. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

:laugh::laugh: too funny

Myke likes this.
  4. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Makes me wonder if Shout RUSHED that first season out of Ed to make the $$$. Hmmm.......

Lets face it, there are MANY guilty of devious crap. Rocky And Bullwinkle with the damn watermarks((IMO the WORST thing they can do even though it goes away), syndicated episodes, and the never-ending squabbles over royalties causing edits on release. Speaking of which.....I haven't seen anything through all these threads(or did I miss it?) - were the guests on the bat-climbs edited out too? I recall seeing a video of you tube with a compilation of the guests......

5. Myke

No, the guests are there. So far for me, Jerry Lewis, Sammy Davis Jr., The Green Hornet, and Kato.

6. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

Thank you, Michael! What had me chuckling to myself was that fact that when Batman was on the air in 1966 I was probably getting Batman toys for my birthday back then too. :) In fact I'm pretty sure that one of the presents that I got on my birthday when it was on the air was that Ideal Utility Belt and cowl that you see in the special feature on the memorabilia.

7. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

Which brings me to a minor point....even back then when they aired the Batman/Green Hornet episode...we as 9 and 10 year olds KNEW that Robin should have gotten his ass handed to him by Kato. :) Batman/Green Hornet was an even match. :)

8. Myke

Watched the extras last night, apparently Burt Ward was a black belt, so there was more balance there than we knew. Of course now, he's a blimp, but if he could raise his arms... :laugh:

9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I too had all the Batman Toys back then...they even had a paint by number Batman Painting.

Hawkman likes this.
  10. JamieC

JamieC Senior Member

Hornet told him not to hurt Robin. Kato replied "gung fu is gung fu"

11. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

Against Bruce Lee? :wantsome::biglaugh:

12. Michael

Shout is really great or they can really such big time...Their Ozzie & Harriet stuff is edited yet we get complete shows from Mill creek with commercials! their 100 Episode box is GREAT! not perfect PQ but quite good.

13. Myke

Just watched The Raiders play The Penguin's campaign for Mayor. Only played BS music to accompany a belly dancer.

Lesley, Chad, & Jeremy coming up also in Season 2. I'll report back.

Hard Panner likes this.
  14. ky658

ky658 Senior Member

I'm curious, at the end of each episode did they include the ABC 5-second promos, such as: "Next Week: Batman Meets...Mr. Freeze!"

15. Myke

They've been hit and miss. Bob Furmanek has been posting in great detail at HTF, for anyone wanting to dig deeper.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  16. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Received this email reply ealier:

Hi Steven,

Thank you for contacting Batman on DVD.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the missing scene. This has been brought to the attention of the producers of the series and we have not gotten a response as of yet as to what will be done. If replacement discs are going to be sent it will be automatic to everyone that received the collection.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Sue
    https://www.batmanondvd.com/
    1-800-839-3005
    Monday-Friday 8:00 am 8:00 pm EST
    Saturday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST

Jerry Horne and LSP2003 like this.
  17. blue.monk

blue.monk Forum Resident

As with Star Trek I find the use of obvious stunt doubles in the fight scenes to be highly entertaining. Stunt Robin, Stunt Penguin and Stunt Joker have been my faves so far as I work through disc one of the blu-ray set.

18. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

And they never fixed the Twin Peaks - I returned mine before I even opened it. If I am going to re-buy something again it better be done well. I bought all of the laserdisc boxes, DVD sets, Gold Box... Being out of sync bugs the XXXX out of me. Those mono problems on those other titles are beyond lame. These are not dollar bin titles. They are a LOT of money - Twin Peaks was $100+.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  19. malcolm reynolds

I love where in the first Penguin episode when they slide across the wire with umbrellas you can see a stunt guy reach out and grab Burgess Meredeth's legs as he reaches balcony and pull him in.

blue.monk likes this.
  20. blue.monk

blue.monk Forum Resident

Ha! I missed that the first time. Marvelous.

A few more observations as I continue through the set: Interesting to see two stars of "All About Eve" as back-to-back villains (George Sanders and Anne Baxter). And Chief O'Hara is even dimmer than I remember him.

21. Michael

when I spend nearly $200.00 for a box set I don't want ANYTHING missing no matter how small. GET it RIGHT the first time.

22. Michael

there is a large list of screwed up CD, DVD, BR releases..The Fugitive complete season box probably was one of the largest F' ups! that was truly hell!

LSP2003 likes this.
  23. malcolm reynolds

In the episode The Thirteenth Hat Batman drives off in the Batmobile and you can see that he has caught his cape in the door. You can see a couple of inches sticking out at the bottom. Man, I love this show.

24. Adam West mentioned in the infomercial a couple of flubbed lines by him that ended up in the episodes.

25. LSP2003

LSP2003 Senior Member

I waited on buying The Fugitive as well - one of my favorite shows.

Michael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.