Batman Beyond Cartoon Series*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mirrorblade.1, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was thinking how more times do we need redo bruce wayne as batman..?
    for me I had enough.. there little wiggle room you can do with batman.
    Now Batman Beyond the cartoon series offered a fresh new direction
    into batman lore.. It was dark.. and gritty and scary..
    especially Batman Beyond Return Of The Joker..
    Warner Bros should do batman beyond movie the possibilities are endless
    A futuristic setting .. why not.
    If you never seen the series do yourself a favor..

MikaelaArsenault, daca and Mad Dog like this.
  2. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I agree that Batman Beyond movie would be a good move, we've had enough Batman origin movies. It would breath new life in the Batman Franchise and might lead to an expansion of the the DC Movie Universe (which has occurred in the comics).

Among the things I liked about Batman Beyond:
    • In the series they stayed away from the old villains for the most part. The one exception to this was Mr. Freeze and his return was handled logically based on what had been previously established in the Animated DCU.
    • While it is set in the future, it is not far in the future. While there have been some advances, the world doesn't feel too far removed from now. Also, it opens up the story possibilities.
    • While Terry McGuiness became Batman, he doesn't come across as a duplicate of Bruce Wayne's Batman. While he turns to Bruce for guidance, he is his own Batman and sometimes he doesn't do things the way that Bruce's Batman would.
    • Like with McGuinness' Batman, they introduced new villains that did not seem like clones of the classic villains while also giving nods to the past (The Jokers Gang and The Royal Flush Gang). As an example, Inque is a worthy addition to Batman's Rogues Gallery and, like with Mr. Freeze, they have established a tragic backstory for her that made her a villain that you can feel for.
    I remember hearing that they were considering a Batman Beyond movie but they went with the Nolan Batman movies instead (however, I could be wrong). So sum up, I think a Batman Beyond movie could be a good and interesting movie.

3. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

4. Rick Sanchez

Rick Sanchez Well-Known Member

Great decision. The first two Nolan Batman films were masterpieces, Batman Begins and The Dark Night. They still hold up and seem to get better each time I watch them.

Once Ledger passed, Nolan should have stopped there. Rises was an absolute trainwreck.

Agreed. I would very much welcome a Batman Beyond movie. One condition, Ben Aff-hack is NOT involved in any of the movie(s).

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    MikaelaArsenault and daca like this.
  5. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

Michael Keaton as a retired Bruce Wayne:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.