Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ShardEnder, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cousin It

Cousin It Senior Member

2. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Yes, conveniently "leaked" the same day as the new Star Wars trailer. Right.

3. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

I agree.

Also why people hate Superman? i mean hes a cool guy who help cats who are in trees, i don't get it.

4. ShardEnder

ShardEnder Senior Member Thread Starter

As many had predicted would happen, rather than continuing to pull down links to the leaked trailer, an official source has been made available earlier than originally planned - and this is definitely more like Watchmen in terms of the overall visual style...

P.S. Has anyone else noticed a possible clue to The Riddler existing in this universe? Haven't they shoehorned enough characters in already?!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    BeatleJWOL likes this.
  5. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Tell me, did you yawn? I did.

Aggie87 and mikeyt like this.
  6. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Today's audience doesn't have the time to read "vs".

Hawklord likes this.
  7. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

How many people are going to think the movie is called Batman 5 Superman?

8. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I agree, boring.

And I find myself not really caring if Batman & Superman fight. Or if they make up. And if Wonder Woman joins them. And Aquaman. Whoever.

9. Smiths22

but less boring than the terminator one....come with me if you wanna leave....:yawn:

10. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

How does Batman fight Superman? Batman doesn't have any special powers. Does he have a krypnonite bat suit?

dkmonroe likes this.
  11. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I kinda get it. The guy's been revealed as an alien from another planet and his coming out party involved Metropolis being smashed to rubble. Really, if anything like that actually happened, a lot of people would want to hate someone for it.
    I didn't yawn, but I can't help but shake my head at the idea of Batman promising to make Superman bleed. I thought that Batman vs. Superman was stretching it when it appeared in that Frank Miller comic book, and I doubt this movie will be as well written as that was.

It looks like Batman has a metal helmet. One good punch from Superman and Bats is Massive Head Wound Harry.

mikeyt likes this.
  12. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I just really disliked Man of Steel and since this is the same director I have little interest in it.

mattdm11 and mikeyt like this.
  13. mikeyt

mikeyt Forum Resident

It was written by the guy who wrote Argo and I believe Affleck had script approval, so I have the tiniest shred of belief that it might be okay. Though everything I've seen so far seems like that shred may be too much.

14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Trailer here:

I dunno. It looks way too dark and serious to me. I think this is where Marvel gets it right: they find a way to inject some lightness and fun in the movie so that it's a roller-coaster ride. The films have serious moments, the plots make sense, and we care about the characters; it's not just an unrelenting dark, grim, serious film. I'm not impressed by what I see. I think it's a contrived conflict between two superheroes in order to sell a movie -- not a plot that really makes sense.

There were about 5000 past comic book stories that forced Superman and Batman to fight, and the plots always revolved around either using Kryptonite to kill Superman's powers, or putting them both on a planet without a yellow sun and with normal gravity so that Superman was completely mortal, evening the odds. Once you do that, Batman could kill Superman, because he's ten times the fighter.

But otherwise, Superman could just roast Batman inside his suit with his heat vision, or lay one punch on him and knock his head into space. It's all very silly.

But it again points out to me how Marvel is giving audiences what they want, and Warner Bros. is struggling to find a way to make different movies that people will like. I'm not buying it so far.

Bryan, PH416156, Yovra and 2 others like this.
  15. thegage

thegage Forum Currency Nerd

The image in the leaked trailer clearly points to events from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, and how Batman overcomes Superman. It also has a decent storyline as to why Batman fights Superman, but given how terrible Man of Steel was I fear that Snyder's influence will prevail and we'll have another unsatisfying mess. I, too, have to say I hate, hate, hate, the look of these films.

John K.

mikeyt likes this.
  16. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

He's an illegal alien from Krypton. This is a country of laws by God!

mikeyt likes this.
  17. Coricama

Coricama Classic Rocker

Looks like Bats uses the Iron Man style suit he created to defeat Superman in "The Dark Knight Returns" comic book story line.

18. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

They missed a great opp here. Bring the Predator alien and Jason into this. Could call it SuperBat (aka FlyDay the 13th): Revenge Of The Dredlocks.

Bryan likes this.
  19. Smiths22

and racist! :D

20. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Watch the dc animated movie called the Dark Knight Returns.
    You will enjoy it, a lot it will explain what Snider is trying to do but will screw it up.
    with to much sub plots.

Encuentro likes this.
  21. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

By the looks of the trailer this is going to be a very serious movie indeed!
    And one I'll be skipping; in my lifetime I've seen enough Batman incarnations and Nolan's version seemed pretty much definitive for me; dark but with some sparkles of humour and a great cast.

22. smilin ed

smilin ed Senior Member

Looks real bad. Wish they'd filmed Dark Knight Returns but a left wing vigilante fighting a right wing vigilante probably would've damaged the movie franchise.

23. MRamble

MRamble Forum Resident

I'm going to wait out the next 10 Superman movies and wait till someone reboots the whole thing in like 20 years; hopefully by then they'll have the "radical" idea of returning the character to its roots instead of making him a Batman 2.0.

24. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Would you rather watch this alternate version instead?

25. Andy Lee

Andy Lee Active Member

Nice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.