Bay Area members - 40% off at MFAS, Milpitas

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Metralla, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002 Thread Starter

This Music For A Song store at the Great Mall of the Bay Area is closing at the end of April. I was there a couple of weeks ago and they had 20% off some titles. I was hard pressed to buy anything.

Now everything in the store is 40% off - so that makes the DCC "Pendulum" I saw there all of $6. I did not see more than a handful of DCCs, but there were a couple of jazz ones that you can score for $6 or $7.

This store has had reasonable prices on DCC or MFSL cutouts, and I did buy quite a few DCCs there about 18 months ago. They have never had particularly good prices on regular CDs , so you have to know what the going rate is. If you do, you can suss out some good bargains.

I picked up a few yesterday - like the Gram Parsons Anthology on Rhino for $16, Patti Smith "Land" 1975-2002 for $14 (I want to hear People Have the Power), "Goodbye" Cream MFSL $14, Steve Winwood MFSL $14, Crowded House "Together" $5.

If you live in the area, it may be worth a journey. If you are into SACDs you won't find any there, but at MediaPlay (entrance 5 of that Mall) you will find a good selection, with great prices on Chesky, Vanguard, Linn, Universal, Telarc.

Regards,
    Geoff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.