Beach Boys Good Timin Live At Knebworth, England 1980 DVD Question

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Apr 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Hello All,
    Does anyone have a detailed review or link review for the recently released Beach Boys Good Timin Live At Knebworth 1980? Sound, picture and the quality of Brians falsetto in 1980?...Did he still have it? Thanks Guys!

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

Nobody has this? Mods can you move this to MUSIC? Thanks...

3. Don't know about the DVD, but I bought the CD a couple of weeks ago. The concert is OK. I just wish Mike Love would have toned it down a bit at the end of and between songs. I'll probably get the DVD when it's released, as this is the last time the original 5 played together with Bruce Johnston.

4. reechie

reechie Senior Member

I haven't seen a copy of the DVD version yet. I passed on the CD in anticipation of the video version, but I've heard good things about the performance.

I think Brian pretty much lost his falsetto in the mid-70's, others in the group likely covered those parts in concert.

I did find the Brian Wilson On Tour DVD yesterday at Best Buy, but haven't watched yet it in the middle of all the Beatles Anthology activities. I'll probably give it a spin this weekend after I'm all "Beatled Out."

5. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

You can never really be "Beatled Out". :D

6. reechie

reechie Senior Member

True, but I may need a break, anyway... ;)

7. Bobo U2

Bobo U2 Active Member

There is clips of this show on the Endless Harmony DVD. Also a DD 5:1 mix of "Do it Again" on there too

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.