Beach Boys Razor & Tie on eBay -- Hurry!

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by plickfu, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plickfu

plickfu Active Member Thread Starter

2. Please don't take this the wrong way, but isn't it against Forum policy to post threads to non-Buy It Now eBay items?

3. Mick Jones

Mick Jones Senior Member

Please provide a link to this alleged 'forum policy'.

I think that you will find that there isn't one.

4. plickfu

plickfu Active Member Thread Starter

Ooops. It's not my auction, I just wanted to alert some lucky forum member to an auction that should have been listed more adventitiously for the seller. If this is a violation of forum rules, again I apologize.

5. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

It's not a violation of forum rules. Some people feel that alerting forum members to an auction will just drive the price up. If a forum member was already watching it, they'd be getting more competition.

In the case of a Buy It Now, this isn't an issue.

6. Jay F

Jay F New Member

What are "CD RETENTION FINGERS"?

7. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

I assume that's a fancy name for those plastic thingies that hold the CD in the jewel case (that often snap off). He's saying none of them are broken.

8. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

It doesnt violate forum rules and it as meant well. But it sure slams whoever was bidding on it up against the wall. Remember, most of the people that are even aware of this piece are from around these parts. It simply rages the thing towards a feeding frenzy. If its your own auction, that would make sense.

btw- I already have one. So I am being objective :)

imo BIN= yes provide link.

this type of auction= no

9. I already have one too! I just thought I remembered a discussion/rule on this a year or two ago.... I very well may be wrong though!

10. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Just a discussion. No rule. And my 2 cents agrees with yours :)

11. Fortune

Fortune Senior Member

There is no rule, but we get into this every few months or so.

Posting to auctions like these only hurts the people who were actually watching this.

Sure, you're allowed to post that it's available, but I think it's lame. Anyone who wants it will have already searched eBay for it, and all your post does is drive the price up.

12. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

It is not against the rules to post links to active auctions. Some people get bent out of shape by it, but it is not against the rules. Some have asked that we create such a rule, but we have gone on the record saying that we will not do that. If people want to share such information, fine by us.

On that note, and in the interest of avoiding this debate yet again, this thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.