Beastie Boys re-issuing 3 albums on vinyl - Hurrah

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by It's Felix, Nov 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me Thread Starter

2. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

Nice. I hope they do the full foldout for 5 Boroughs

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    It's Felix likes this.
  3. It's Felix

Not seen that..

4. Arkay_East

I dont think it was done but I heard it was at one time gonna be a 4-5 panel fold out. Also, I misspelled Boroughs. Ugh.

It's Felix likes this.
  5. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

RIP Adam Yauch. That was a heavy one for me that still lingers. I wonder if one day we'll see some unheard archive tunes released (if there is anything). Even just some instrumental jams from G-Son when they were first coming up with Check Your Head would be sweet.

6. It's Felix

I doubt it, didn't they say at the time that there would be no 'milking' of the BB's?

7. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Cool. I've never seen The In Sound from Way Out on vinyl. Like a lot of 90s releases, vinyl was hard to find even when they were first released. I all ready own the other two.

8. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

...don't remember that, but you're probably right. I could see that from them out of respect. I do remember a "no use for commercials", or whatever you would call that, in Yauchs' will.

...didn't mean to 'Sabotage' ;) your thread. Makes me wish I still had my TT. :cool::thumbsup:

9. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

Hey now! I’ve always wanted “In Sound.” Cool!

10. Leviethan

Leviethan Forum Resident

I bought it when it came out. It's my second favorite BBoys album behind Paul's Boutique.

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 likes this.
  11. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I'll probably pick these up. The Beastie Boys always seem to have good pressings. Those recent box sets they re-released are stunning.

It may seem obvious but I checked and the reissue prices are lower than the originals on discogs. The new issues all together are actually cheaper at the B-Boys official site than at Bullmoose, by about $5.

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 and It's Felix like this.
  12. It's Felix

No, you are right - that was the part I meant - the commercials. But there must be loads of off cuts around.

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 likes this.
  13. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Yeah, I bought the CD when it came out. Most of my favorite record stores had all ready closed. A lot of CD only places were replacing them in more convenient locations. Buying on the internet wasn't really something I did a lot of in 1996. Closer to 2000 I was buying more on-line. I'll get the vinyl if it's reasonably priced. If it's $25, I'll buy it used in a couple of years.

Leviethan likes this.
  14. Arkay_East

The Beasties have been pretty awesome about keeping nice vinyl available for their fans

15. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

I started a thread about this over a week ago. Now it’s closed for some reason. Anyway, I’ll restate what I said there about “the in sound”....I just purchased an original press for a fair amount of money. It seems like whenever I do that the album gets repressed. So, you’re welcome!

16. It's Felix

Yes I saw your thread - but it wouldn't let me reply. Hence the new one... You must have upset somebody :)

Kevin j likes this.
  17. gonz

gonz Forum Resident

Yes, his passing seemed to come out of nowhere even though he’d been telling us he was ill since the first album.

sunking101, ODShowtime and It's Felix like this.
  18. SuperFuzz

SuperFuzz Forum Resident

I've got the original white vinyl of Hot Sauce, but am interested in "The In Sound...". I'll pick that one up, even if I don't see any reviews... I trust they'll do it right. And if you like instrumental Beasties, do not over look "The Mix-Up"!

19. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

Is 5 Boroughs available anywhere for a reasonable price to UK...?

I've been searching like crazy since they announced the reissues.

Hot Sauce is reaonably priced, but 5 Boroughs is like 50% more, everywhere? Why? They should both be the same price, surely :mad:

20. It's Felix

I too wondered that - I guess they are charging £15 for the poster. f that, my CD will do until it drops. Like those rip off weller reissues, £36 for a single photocopies sleeve dad rock. Having said that - In sound is cheap and cheerful.

Neonbeam and johnnybrum like this.
  21. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

I picked up The In Sound From Way Out and it sounds great, as expected.

Johnny Wong and johnnybrum like this.
  22. Devilscucumber

Devilscucumber Forum Resident

Mine too, except the surface of the vinyl has lots of fine scratches, looks like it was pressed at MPO so no surprises there

jason202 likes this.
  23. Wes_in_va

Wes_in_va Trying to live up to my dog’s expectations

I’m spinning Hot Sauce now. It sounds GREAT! I’ve wanted this on vinyl for a long time so this is exciting stuff.
    I think I need to do In Sounds next for sure.

24. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Monday will be a Beastie-refic holiday for me!

25. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

I notice that HMV UK have Boroughs for £27.99 and Hot Sauce for £19.99

Hardly bargain prices, in normal terms, but these have been rather overpriced up to now, in UK anyway...

It's Felix likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.