Beastie Boys

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Beatnik_Daddyo'73, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Forum Resident Thread Starter

...so we're coming up on five years since Adam 'MCA' Yauch left this earth :(. That was a heavy one for myself. Why I'm starting this thread is to ask if anyone has heard what Mike D and Adrock have been up to? I could definitely understand if the answer was nothing as seeing their brother passed wayyyy to early.

More to the point- I'd like to know if they've been going through their back catalog of tunes for a possible tribute or something to that affect. I heard awhile back there was a book in the works. Don't know if that ever came to fruition.

benzo likes this.
  2. keef00

keef00 Forum Resident

3. Technocentral

Technocentral Forum Resident

Really looking forward to that book, great bunch of lads.

4. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

Man I miss those guys. Beastie Boys was the first group I was a "fan" of as a kid with my friends. I was about 8 years old.

5. Nogoodnik

Nogoodnik Member

So I finally got 'round to extracting all the remixes from the Beastie's Video Anthology, and I'm wondering if anyone could point me to a resource (aside from Discogs, that is) that lists what remixes are "period" (i.e. done for a single release at the time) and remixes that were done specifically for the Anthology (around '99/2000).

I'd imagine that all the ones done for Paul's Boutique tracks were done for the Anthology, since they weren't having remixes done by others at that point.

Thanks in advance!

uzn007 likes this.
  6. This might seem like sacrilege to some, indeed there is a thread discussing this sort of thing,

Views on bands continuing when members have passed away.

...but I would like to see Mike D & Adrock invite Q-Tip to formally become a Beastie Boy, and record a new album immediately. They have a long history together, and many people know that Q-Tip was featured prominently in 'Get It Together', one of their greatest singles. The chemistry on that joint was obvious, especially between 'Tip and the late MCA, who I would like to believe would approve of the move. Being that Q-Tip recently lost his own former ATCQ rappin' mate Phife Dog, it seems like a natural conclusion to arrive at.

One can hope and dream, lol.