Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

I'll be sure to pay extra attention to those songs, thanks for the info!

Man at C&A likes this.
  2. james1967

james1967 Forum Resident

Grew up with the original stereo mix and am used to that , the 2012 doesn't sound that bad.

3. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

John will you please calm down.
    It's not cool to have a meltdown on the Hoffman site..........
    All is good with your fellow Beatles people.....
    Beave

DK Pete likes this.
  4. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Did the Russians bootleg the box??
    Beave

monomusic and Somerset Scholar like this.
  5. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

Here's another alternative for some of us Pepper fans. Anybody not got Pepper on pristine vinyl in mono should try summing the channels on the 2017 remix LP. I'm not the biggest fan of the stereo remix but curiously enjoyed it a lot when summed to mono with a double Y cord. This really surprised me....a lot!

The Beave, monomusic and DK Pete like this.
  6. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

Well if they did, they've done one hell of a job, because my box set is pretty much perfect. I do believe there was a fake CD version though?

7. Kemosabi1

Kemosabi1 Forum Resident

Thanks DBMartin - that's what has put me off to date, lot of money to shell out if it's not original. Sounds like from your experience at least all ok? Have you listened to any? To be fair the sellers all have good feedback etc.

OobuJoobu and DBMartin like this.
  8. Kemosabi1

Kemosabi1 Forum Resident

In fact looking back at this thread I'm looking at the seller as you have used. I've asked about postage etc, seems fair and he says has sold approx 10 in last 2 months.

OobuJoobu and DBMartin like this.
  9. mikizee

mikizee Forum Resident

Haha I asked the same seller the same thing - he quoted me 120 euro to ship to Australia. With GST added, that brings the box up to around 850AUD...... hmmmmmmmmmmm

10. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

Wow...very interesting suggestion which I'm definitely going to try. Thanks! I have to ask though, what did you hear..save for the Reprise count-off which is per the original stereo mix , was it like a more powerful version of the original mono mix ..?

11. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

I paid 55 euros for shipping and around 20 euros for customs/taxes. Delivery only took about a week from Moscow to the Netherlands, and tracking info was perfect. The case came in the original box with protective materials. Haven't been able to listen to any of the records yet, but they're all in perfect shape. Only flaw was that the booklet stapled inside MMT had come loose, probably due to shipping, so I still need to find a way to fix that neatly. Otherwise, perfect set and perfect seller, I couldn't possibly be happier!

ispace, Kemosabi1, lawz and 2 others like this.
  12. lawz

lawz Well-Known Member

looks like they still haven't sold all of their boxes.. maybe they imported too many back in '14? :D Pepper and Help are long gone though....

13. davecaddie

davecaddie Forum Resident

Does anyone know of anywhere in Canada with copies in the b&m stores?

14. mikizee

mikizee Forum Resident

Try Zap Records

davecaddie likes this.
  15. davecaddie

16. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Plenty of Sunrise stores in Ontario have copies, if you have a local branch where you are try there and see if they can get you a box from another store

davecaddie likes this.
  17. davecaddie

Thanks for the tip!

18. Ray29

Ray29 Forum Resident

Ordered Mono Masters from Ebay "Get Imports" site for a very reasonable $48 after discounts but it arrived with the cover not exactly mint. Seems like it moved around in transit and that the shrink wrap is applied too tight so it kind of squeezed the jacket. The titled spine has an indentation crease about 3 inches vertically across. And there are other flaws along the edges. Should I bite the bullet and keep? Or simply get a refund. I get the feeling that all their copies are going to have issues. A friend of mine ordered and had similar jacket issues. What to do?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  19. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

I would keep. A creased spine doesn't diminish the sound. :righton:

20. davecaddie

Walked into a store today and they had one retail mono box. It’s on hold until closing tonight. If the buyer doesn’t show they’ll call me in the morning and I might finally be able to buy one. The suspense is killing me. I say finally as I’ve only been looking since January as I’m very new to the vinyl thing.

21. Purchased this title from the same seller months ago and also arrived with a creased spine. I wasn’t too happy about it but they only offered a refund as opposed to replacement. Makes sense now as it is likely affecting all their stock.

I kept mine and the crease was unfortunately larger than 3 in.

I have noticed the issue with the shrink too tight on a few other titles. Beatles for sale and the Sgt pepper 2 LP 50th anniversary set come to mind. Didn’t cause a creased spine, but caused slight damage to the corners on multiple copies I’ve seen of each. It is excessively tight for sure.

22. ispace

ispace Senior Member

Are you all keeping the black foam padding inside your boxes or throwing it away?

23. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

Threw it away.

24. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Good luck, let us know if your luck was indeed good! :righton:

25. jazon

jazon A fight between the blue you once knew

I'm even keeping the silica packs. haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.