Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

I was being totally serious!

2. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Link?

3. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

That’s ridiculous right now

4. Mono is $22 when I just looked. And is in stock.

Embracetheday, marcb and uzn007 like this.
  5. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

My mistake.....

6. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

What?

Last time I looked at eBay, maybe three weeks ago, Pepper was over $200, MMT over $150. Silly season.

7. Alex Zabotkin

Alex Zabotkin Forum Resident

Even on eBay, sealed Pepper can be had for about $150. ;) And there are plenty of MMT's on Discogs. If you don't mind buying from European sellers you can get a sealed copy for less than $75 shipped.

SoundDoctor and misteranderson like this.
  8. DBMartin

DBMartin Forum Resident

Wow that's pretty insane. Glad I skipped the individual albums and went straight for the box set!

Alex Zabotkin likes this.
  9. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Szeppelin75 and StateOfTheArt like this.
  10. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

11. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

I know people here like nothing better than basking in the dubious rhetorical gloom of the death-throes of boomer youth culture but the idea that Universal would allow the Beatles to go out of print is, quite frankly, beyond ridiculous : they'd risk losing their rights to the catalogue if it were unavailable.

ispace likes this.
  12. Of course the Beatles won’t go out of print but physical mono editions already have There are some LPs and cd boxes left but they aren’t going back to press in the near future if at all.

Universal is doing great with digital versions and streaming of their catalogue. The physical edition sales have slowed down aside for a few specific titles along with these single pressed deluxe boxed limited editions like White and a Pepper .

CBackley and Electric Sydney like this.
  13. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Stone Turntable, Gumboo and Evan L like this.
  14. gckcrispy

gckcrispy Forum Resident

Might be part of a downward trend. Just checked eBay, and it seems that -- as some had predicted -- prices are cooling off a bit for "Pepper." The latest sales:

$79.99 (Sept. 29)
    $100.09 (Sept. 12)
    $91 (Sept. 12)

Compare that to:

$144 (Sept. 1)
    $144 (Aug. 21)
    $89 (Aug. 21 -- plus $24 shipping)
    $234.69 (Aug. 5)

ZippyPippy likes this.
  15. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Until people start freaking out about it around Christmas time. Then the prices will skyrocket
    and people will start mortgaging their houses for copies!

:--)

16. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

A good time to sell.

17. mikizee

mikizee Forum Resident

I had placed an order on Amazon AU for Help and MMT a month or two back, despite them saying out of stock. Never really thought they would find any more. But I just got an email saying there is more Help stock and they will be shipping soon. Awesome! Now all I need is Pepper.

Echoes Myron and patient_ot like this.
  18. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

US members like me can't get their hopes up though. I checked and it says that it can't be delivered here.

I have all of them except PPM, Help, and Sgt Pepper. I'm not a big fan of Help with the exception of three songs, so I'm more likely to buy the 2014 Red Album to get those three songs in AAA stereo. I think Sgt Pepper is overpriced considering I like the 2017 mix better, and I just haven't gotten around to buying PPM. I did foolishly spend $65 on AHDN recently, though it was worth it enough to me to sweep up as many mono albums as I could.

krisjay, Szeppelin75 and Echoes Myron like this.
  19. mikizee

mikizee Forum Resident

Please Please Me is still available here locally at a store near me... let me know if you get desperate and I can get it for you.

krisjay likes this.
  20. Alex Zabotkin

Alex Zabotkin Forum Resident

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  21. Xander2017

Xander2017 Forum Resident

I bought a new 2014 mono AHDN yesterday at the same Montreal record store I bought the NM Sqt Pepper's in July.

$32.99 CDN

22. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

So why does people here buy Beatles In Mono records in pressings they already have? To prevent others from doing the same? Or to have them just because they are rare? Strange behaviour if so... Not much to do with the music.

23. Fender Relic

Fender Relic Forum Resident

What....are you a Commie ? This is just rational OCD musical/capitalist behavior. :laugh:

24. ilhuicamiztli

ilhuicamiztli Forum Resident

DBMartin likes this.
  25. ZippyPippy

ZippyPippy Forum Resident

My main objective as always is prevention. That's why I appreciate this forum. If someone gets hopeful or helpful in a certain part of the world with a mono album sighting, off I go to prevent anyone else from having it. And I get frequent flyer miles out of it, which are ALL MINE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.