Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gethan Wall

Gethan Wall Agent Provocateur

There is currently one on discogs.com from the USA for $44 sealed.

2. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

Those are crazy prices!!
    Weren't these pressed in the EU by Optimal?

I bought most of my singles for $22CND and the 2lp's for 35CND and the Mono Master 3LP for $74 CND.

I then bought the box set later on for $250CND during a Store closing sale

3. 12" 45rpm

12" 45rpm Forum Resident

Not to sidetrack too much, but why have I never seen the Mono LPs at any used record store? All they carry are the 2009? digitally sourced issues. Were these only meant to be bought on Amazon?

4. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

I knew of the 2014 SPLHCB mono not being pressed anymore last summer 2017.

So I already have 2 mono 2014 vinyl box sets, but found 2 still sealed 2014 mono vinyl Peppers on EBay for a good price.
    One is open the other is for stock. I got scared and jumped on it.

5. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

Yeah, they were about I guess 25% higher at the time than a “normal” album was on release date, but vinyl and CDs have always been more pricey in the UK and Western Europe than in Canada and the US. It’s even worse in Ireland :(

WhoDaresWins likes this.
  6. BlueSpeedway

It’s pretty wise, they were very special releases, fantastic sounding. If Beatles was your big thing, multiple purchases were essential I reckon. I just got two Whites as that’s the Beatles bees knees for me (alongside Abbey Road).

7. Psychedelic Good Trip

Bought a spare of White mono 2014 also last summer, sealed.

BlueSpeedway likes this.
  8. BlueSpeedway

What’s also beautful about those LPs is that people seemed to be buying multiples not to scalp or resell, but purely because they love the band so much and that the records looked and sounded superb. A cool time :righton:

aina, neonbible, John Grimes and 4 others like this.
  9. BlueSpeedway

I guess because they looked and sounded so great, nobody wants rid of them. I’m not even much of a fan pre Revolver, apart from certain songs, but would never part with such perfect LPs even for those pre Revolver ones.

No, they were everywhere in 2014-2015: in physical stores, online, in The Beatles store (where in the UK they were cheapest, surprisingly, by some margin!).

John Grimes likes this.
  10. 12" 45rpm

12" 45rpm Forum Resident

Understood, but I meant I never saw them in the "New" section of used record stores.. Just tons of 2009 reissues..

11. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

I just checked Acoustic Sounds and they have all mono but Pepper at original retail prices, plus the box.

12. BlueSpeedway

Well, either way, it’s increasingly unlikely you’ll see any of them in any kind of store.

I hope they get a repress for newer fans or people with gaps or who want backups.

If only all reissues were that quality. It’s not rocket science, and people will pay a little more for care and quality. Unfortunately the reissue world seems to have got steadily more grim since 2014, with for example reissues of artists of the stature of David Bowie in my opinion being treated like the music is about as important as this:
    [​IMG]

13. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

I wouldn't be surprised later on the in future when all of the Mono lp's are all OPP that they will be reissued in colored vinyl as one off RSD promotions.

BlueSpeedway likes this.
  14. BlueSpeedway

..nice idea, and something different for people who want to double up.

vmajewsk likes this.
  15. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

A check on eBay shows most of the mono titles are still available but some are getting more pricey. Sgt. Pepper is very expensive now and not a lot of them are available. The only one I didn't see is Please Please Me though some are available from 1995 edition. Box sets are available also.

16. Psychedelic Good Trip

Got spares of Rubber Soul and Revolver 2014 mono vinyl as well like 2 years ago.

17. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

It's funny, whenever something is reported as low or out of stock, i also check Acoustic Sounds,
    and very often they have stock long after others are sold out. They must carry a lot of inventory!
    Thank heaven for them, it's one of my favorite places to order from.

dzhason and ssmith3046 like this.
  18. Psychedelic Good Trip

Got my first Fabs 2012 stereo vinyl box set at Acoustic Sounds in 2013.

19. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

I've got my spare copies already but I might need another! Accidents happen! Any Beatles fan without these should hurry. Unlikely to be released again anytime soon.

20. 81531

81531 Forum Resident

Why are you people really believing that Apple won't repress the Beatles albums in Mono any time soon again?
    I mean we're talking about THE BEATLES!

Even when they said that the new mono pressings are limited. As if they'll never press the Beatles albums in mono again.
    That like saying that there won't be a physical release of a Tarantino movie ever again.

21. Psychedelic Good Trip

Love this trailer.

22. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

I’ll second (or third) the view that, if in doubt, pull the trigger on the mono box if possible. It’s incredible and one should have no problem breaking it up for resale to recoup some of the expense if desired.

BlueSpeedway likes this.
  23. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

They may repress but it’s worth mentioning that it was over 30 years between mono repressings last time.

Bigbudukks, Onder and BlueSpeedway like this.
  24. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Original mono mixes one AAA vinyl is a nice product. It came out, the people who wanted got them. I highly doubt they will be repressed in the next ten years. Maybe more. If the demand was truly there, they would have repressed them to keep them in print. They are going to focus more on remixes now and honestly that's probably the best move for them. 90% of people buying music now dont care about different mixes let alone know they exist. The 2017 remix of Pepper will be the go to for the next generation. Im 24 and even my friends who are Beatles fans are very content with the new remix.

aina, Shaddam IV and The Beave like this.
  25. Marc Perman

Marc Perman Forum Resident

The 2014 Sgt. Pepper has the dual virtue of being the best sounding of the mono reissues and the best/most popular Beatles album. If they’re not pressing more of them I can understand why it’s disappearing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.