Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nad 214

Nad 214 Forum Resident

I figured Pepper would go for higher prices later on down the road but PPM

2. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Pressing numbers might be very different depending on the title.

Mr. Explorer, Embracetheday and marcb like this.
  3. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

I have them all and they are still not worth anything over $25.00. If you want to get sucked into scalpers hell, go right ahead but none of these are worth those prices. Sorry!:rolleyes:

Christopher B and NUNZI like this.
  4. zombiemodernist

zombiemodernist Forum Resident

I’m actually surprised about that as well. Was thinking about picking up MMT and assumed it would be in stores forever too as opposed to Revolver and RS. Of course quantities may differ from LP to LP, with less of earlier albums in particular since most Beatles buyers are interested in post Rubber Soul albums vs pre Rubber Soul.

5. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

That's E="drbryant, post: 18734196, member: 11070"]Pressing numbers might be very different depending on the title.[/QUOTE]
    Thats how it always goes in Beatle vinyl

For instance when MFSL released all the Beatles LPs in stereo no less in mid 80s the one album to become the instant collectors item was WTB

It went so fast that if you blinked you missed it

I'm sure the album decreased in value after the recent RI campaigns

I kept up with all the Beatles history from 64-late 80s

But now it leave it up to the younger generations

Note:AR & MMT were not RI in the 80s as they were issued in late 70s as the first Beatles from MFSL

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  6. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Thats how it always goes in Beatle vinyl

For instance when MFSL released all the Beatles LPs in stereo no less in mid 80s the one album to become the instant collectors item was WTB

It went so fast that if you blinked you missed it

I'm sure the album decreased in value after the recent RI campaigns

I kept up with all the Beatles history from 64-late 80s

But now it leave it up to the younger generations

Note:AR & MMT were not RI in the 80s as they were issued in late 70s as the first Beatles from MFSL[/QUOTE]
    IIRC, the stampers were damaged after a short run of the MOFI With The Beatles, leading to its scarcity.

samthesham likes this.
  7. Alex Zabotkin

Alex Zabotkin Forum Resident

8. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

9. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

Sunrise Records in St Laurent and Bayshore malls in Ottawa both had the Mono box in stock on Saturday.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  10. bherbert

bherbert Forum Resident

Why are people worried about this box going out of print when they had 4 years to buy it?

11. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

I guess some want two or three copies ofnthe same album in case some infortunate event happend.

12. Exactly. Almost all vinyl albums are limited in todays market. Some more than others but if you want something you gotta go for it sooner than later.

In terms of a pricey box set, you can start socking away a few sheckles every week during the pre release period and then for a year or two after it comes out.

After three or four years there’s really no excuse to whine.

Mr. Explorer and bherbert like this.
  13. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

Reissues of this quality are certainly worth more than $25, especially now that most of them are OOP.

If they had originally sold for, say, $50 ea, would you not have bought them? I know that I would have, without hesitation.

14. ZoSo794

ZoSo794 Forum Resident

Well you also have the people who are just getting into vinyl and are missing the boat, happened to me with the Classic Records reissues of the Led Zeppelin albums years ago.

15. misterclean

misterclean Forum Resident

Maybe they just finally got around to buying a tt set-up?

16. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

I got all the mono reissues i wanted a couple of years ago, or wa sit 4 years ago. The only ones i dont have and i'm not interested in are Peppers, White Album and MMT. I'm satisfied with my stereo versions of them. Wouldn't mind a Peppers or WA mono just to compare them to their stereo counterparts, but will not pay the hefty prices.

17. Sax-son

Sax-son Forum Resident

If they(the record companies)feel there is enough residual interest, they will print out another 20,000 or so and all the previously inflated copies will go down in price. The only reason people are panicking now is because there aren't anymore and because they didn't buy them when they were around now feel left out. If it was such a big deal, why didn't they get them when they were around. Those records were around for a long time and some retailers were discounting them to move the stock.

18. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

IIRC, the stampers were damaged after a short run of the MOFI With The Beatles, leading to its scarcity.[/QUOTE]
    Really.

Good piece of info

Thanks

marcb and tinnox like this.
  19. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Or supply has finally dried up, yet were in the no-man’s land of substantial “residual interest” (it is the Beatles after all), but not substantial enough to offset the high cost of another press run (quality pressings, flipback replica covers, etc, etc)?

Classic recipe for high secondary market prices.

Mr. Explorer and APH like this.
  20. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

People's priorities, interests, and incomes change over time.
    I was able to pick up the mono 2014 Pepper last month for $40 so waiting isn't always bad.

21. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

I can remember when Fopp in Bristol had these albums for £13 a throw. Including Pepper.

22. Christopher B

Christopher B Forum Resident

I agree with the sentiment that not everyone who didnt purchase these albums right away deserve to be shut out or at the mercy of secondary market pricing. I figured that since most titles sold well they would continue to sell both mono and stereo copies. I see plenty of retailers having boatloads of Beatles albums in stereo. Are the stereo versions every going to go out of print like their mono counterparts ?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  23. Vinyl in 2018 is limited. No such thing as ongoing forever catalogue . Mono even less so. if you want it then buy it as soon as you can.

24. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

Ohhh the humanity!!!

Kind of there is no shortage of Beatles albums. I do believe the latest reissues are pretty decent but they are not the best and when you consider the asking price for Sgt Peppers 2014 mono which is more or less $200 for a sealed one vs an ORIGINAL UK 1967 in pretty decent shape for less than that, sometimes a lot less if it is your lucky day I have no doubt which one I would chose, not only for sound but also resale value and desirability.

25. redflag

redflag Forum Resident

I'm not sure anyone is actually in a panic that these are going out of print. How many people bidding up the boxes and individual records are actually buying their 5-6th copy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.