Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Are you referring to the MFSL White Album?

2. Either would I.

3. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

Ooops, no, I meant the MFSL With The Beatles -- fewer copies of it were pressed than any other title in the series because of the stamper/metal part mishap mentioned above -- a story that's been circulating for many years.

john lennonist likes this.
  4. culabula

culabula Unread author.

No, With The Beatles. Very hard to get without selling a limb.

john lennonist and Christopher B like this.
  5. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Just picked up another copy of the WA mono 2014 vinyl.

tinnox and Szeppelin75 like this.
  6. It's getting to be like a Scavenger Hunt game around here :tiphat:

7. Psychedelic Good Trip

Hear ya just couldn't resist.

Mazzy likes this.
  8. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Meanwhile, here in the UK...... (That's $1,148 USD at today's exchange rate!)

:faint:

[​IMG]

9. Psychedelic Good Trip

Insa

Insanity!:eek:

OobuJoobu likes this.
  10. Macman007

Macman007 Sitting mId-way between 2 very large speakers

Holy Cow. I just caught this thread today. A quick Google search,looking at each result, seems the Mono vinyl set is hovering around 600$. Even Amazon is at 600$, as is Music Direct, Acoustic Sounds, and the rest I could stand to look at. I'm really bummed. These sets were available all over for right at 335-350$ when I looked not even 6 months ago. Today, they are double that where available, and NLA at several of the places I looked. Honestly with the way the Stereo and Mono sets were selling, I thought I had more time..

Last month or so was spent tracking down Beatles pressings, stuff perfect to listen to, not overly expensive or rare. No sense owing things you can't or won't play though I do. Those Orange and Purple Capitol US Wally Traugott presses, and the German GEMA Apple imports from 1981 are the ones I like the most. Those have increased tremendously in value. The Orange and Purple Capitol Wally's run me 16-25$ ea. GEMA German Apple pressings (not the sublet French pressings) from 1981 are typically twice that or more, where I can find them.

I don't like to buy used vinyl over the net. The shame of it all is I bought them all brand new when I was younger. Most of my albums, valuable and not, were given away by Mom while I was in the service. The rest, along with vinyl I bought while trying to rebuild my collection again were stolen in the early 90's. I've had to rebuild my LP collection twice now from scratch. Much if not most the stuff I owned, especially Beatles stuff is so rare today, and hard to find in good condition or very expensive.

Stupid, holding off buying a mono vinyl set. Honestly I thought there was plenty of time time. If someone here reading this knows of a place selling new Mono vinyl box sets still at a decent price, please shoot me a PM, email, or post below, whatever is easiest. I really don't want to buy each copy piecemeal, it's just not the same. I want the complete box, along with the extra contents to go with the Stereo vinyl box set. It's just CRAZY the way prices have doubled since the last time I looked at them. I can't get over it. There were so many available not even 6 months ago.

I know, it's my fault. You snooze you lose. I should have got one well before now. Price was not the factor, 350~$ was more than reasonable. Unfortunately, buying priorities were elsewhere,... DUMB, Dumb, dumb, and I know better, especially with all the Millennials and other youngsters into vinyl today...I'll be kicking myself in the head over this one for a long time.

11. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

It is!!!!!! I have 9 copies of the mono ‘Sgt. Pepper’ just in case something happens to the first 8 copies!

giantleech and psus2h like this.
  12. Octavian

Octavian Forum Resident

I am really happy that my closest record store had the first four albums still on his shelf just last week. Also had the White Album, Rubber Soul and Revolver.

andrewskyDE and The Beave like this.
  13. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

People don’t forget Mono Masters! It’s still available. It’s well worth $70! You’ll really be crying you missed that one.

14. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

I’ll second this.

The Beave and Echoes Myron like this.
  15. Vinylfindco

I didn’t realize just how much great music I was missing out on until I got this. I was so ‘U.K. album oriented’ for so long, I was missing these tracks. These are the ‘songs that made them famous!’ They weren’t pulled to make a single out of them because they were average. They’re grrrrreat!

16. Embracetheday

Embracetheday Forum Resident

I agree and the 2014 Mono Masters is a GREAT sounding set.

17. Psychedelic Good Trip

YEP!!!!:edthumbs:

Embracetheday likes this.
  18. Vinylfindco

Rain...I dont mind :)

bluejimbop and The Beave like this.
  19. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Yeah Mono Masters is incredible. The blistering "Revolution" is worth the price of admission alone.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  20. DRM

DRM Forum Resident

I wonder if more 2014 mono vinyl could easily be provided but is being strategically held back since a small minority is still so willing to pay very big money for them? Or is the demand so great that they just can't produce them quick enough to satisfy the demand? Or is the technology and raw materials for production somehow no longer available?

21. bt1098

bt1098 Forum Resident

22. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

?

23. Psychedelic Good Trip

The Beatles
    Mono Masters
    Triple Vinyl, Mono, Gatefold
    [​IMG]
    1. [​IMG]

24. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

I think I’ll go and buy all the Mono boxes that are still in the stores here in Ottawa, split them up, sell the albums individually and make my fortune!

25. Psychedelic Good Trip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.