Beatles 2014 Mono Remasters. Any Fakes

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bluesfan4life, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluesfan4life

bluesfan4life Active Member Thread Starter

This is my first post
    A question for Beatles Fans about the mono remastered lps. I have collected a few and noticed that some say "Made in Germany" while others do not. They all are 180 g discs but I was wondering if they were all made in Germany or if they don't say Made in Germany, they are knockoffs. I have noticed that the ones I have, (not noted made in Germany) seem to be noisy. A few pops and crackles and one actually skipped untill I gave it a good cleaning. Any info out there?

tinnox likes this.
  2. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

The Beatles in Mono CD set was heavily counterfeited, but I have not heard that any of the mono vinyl titles were. Could be wrong though.

3. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

I think all of the mono 2014 LPs were pressed in Germany by Optimal. The brand new stereo remasters based on the 2009 cd reissues being shipped and stocked right now have a small white sticker that says Made In Germany. The ones that do not have this sticker are the older US pressed Rainbo
    LPs that sound pretty bad in some cases.

Go with Made In Germany. I would be surprised if there were counterfeit mono LPs out there. A

Kubricker likes this.
  4. Uglyversal

Uglyversal Forum Resident

I don't know whether all the ones made in the EU are pressed in Germany but there are new 2014 pressed in the US. I have recently bought the mono version of Magical mystery tour, it was on the rainbow Capitol label and apparently now sold out there was one European press under the Apple label.

I have bought some other really bad new vinyl with noise but they are only a minority. I have at least 10 of the latest Beatles reissues mainly in stereo but a few in mono too. One thing for sure is they are ALL dead quiet including the US press which I no longer have. The sound I find it pretty good although I have decided I am not buying anymore of those and I will just concentrate on the original UK presses and from a couple of other places.

You may have fakes, as previously mentioned there are many fake CD's. I presume you bought them new, I am surprised about the skiping even for a fake. I have the butcher cover and it is a fake, the sound is substandard and there was some noise even from new. From the new reissues I have only the white album had the "Made in Germany" sticker.

5. mrlefty

mrlefty Forum Resident

I read that one way to tell if a Beatles in Mono CD box set is legit is the heft. Could someone weigh their legit box and tell me how many grams or ounces it weighs? I would like to compare the weight to my own copy.

6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Rainbow only pressed the stereo titles, I think

7. culabula

culabula Unread author.

The European-pressed 2014 mono copy of Magical Mystery Tour features the rainbow Capitol label, as that was how the original was.

8. fmfxray373

fmfxray373 Capitol LPs in the 70s were pretty good.

New stock Stereo LPs are all made in Germany.
    Best Buy, Barnes and Noble and Target currently have them in their Brick and Motar stores. I have ordered Optimal stereos from Amazon. I would be careful ordering online except from Amazon since I got a bad Rainbo AHDN from Target online.

There has to have been a very recent reissue of the 2012 Stereo LPs.
    If you mean Rainbo did not press any mono LPs you are correct.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  9. Scott6

Scott6 Forum Resident

Better things to do I'm afraid however Youtube it. A fair few videos available regarding how to tell a fake from a genuine box set.

10. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

The entire run of 2014 mono reissues were pressed by Optimal in the Germany. There were no records that were pressed in the US. Additionally, there are no counterfeits. As @14 Cheerleader Coldfront mentioned, the 2009 mono CD box set was heavily counterfeited. IIRC, the counterfeit box sets originated in China.

The 2012 stereo albums were pressed by Rainbo in the US for North America. Optimal in Germany pressed the albums for the EU. I think Japan received the Optimal pressings as well. The QC of the Optimal pressings were by and large much better than the US pressings. No difference in SQ.

Echoes Myron likes this.
  11. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

There is a vinyl pressing plant in Hong Kong now so it wouldnt surprise me if they start churning out boots

marcb likes this.
  12. dudley07726

dudley07726 Forum Resident

Or pressed by the Wizardo label ( for those who remember those days).

The Beave and Tommyboy like this.
  13. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

I think someone at this pressing plant misread something.

[​IMG]

Mister Charlie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.