Beatles 67-70 question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereo71, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Me three. I just looked. My gold copy is stamped on the cover with limited edition number 0753. I also have the album on standard black vinyl with a big honking promo hole punched in the bottom right corner. Thanks Capitol, can you make that hole any bigger? :laugh:

Don't know if I've ever listened to either copy. Horrible art work. :rolleyes: They should have hired Klaus Voorman to do some cool collage on the front cover with various photos and artifacts from the various movies. All those post breakup albums, R&R Music, Love Songs, Gr. Hits, had bad art work. Rarities U.S. was the onlyl album to use an actual photo of the band on a front cover.

My recent acquisition of a red U.K. 62-66 came with the following matrix numbers. Any comments would be helpful.
    Side 1 - YEX 905 - 3
    Side 2 - YEX 906 - 4
    Side 3 - YEX 907 - 3
    Side 4 - YEX 908 - 3

I have a chance to buy a Dutch pressing of a red 62-66 on Apple. Does anyone know how Dutch vinyl is rated compared to it's German, U.K., and France counterparts? Is there a Dutch matrix number I should be targeting?

Thanks.

2. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

There's also a yellow UK Mystery Tour and a yellow Dutch Sgt. Pepper's

3. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident

As the red and blue LP's are compilations I have to say I really don't know if the matrix no's on these are significant or not. Does anyone know if that's the case?

When I get a minute I'll have a look at the runout groove of my German red and blue LP's and post the findings here.

4. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident

I agree with you on the quality of the pressings from France, the ones I've got sound really good to me. I like the French-pressed White Album and Abbey Road (70s reissues put into UK sleeves for sale in the UK), which were pressed while EMI's London plant was temporarily closed.

I really like my French late 70s pressings of Help! and 4 Garcons Dans Le Vent (AHDN in a unique cover).

5. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident

Doh!..forgot to attach image :o

Attached Files:

6. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident

I've found that coloured vinyl records are not as generallygood quality in terms of sound as their regular counterparts. My UK red and blue LP's on coloured vinyl are much noisier than the regular pressings.

7. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident

And don't forget the SIX versions of Sgt Pepper the French released on coloured vinyl in the late 70s! If I recall correctly green, red, blue, white, opaque and yellow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.