Beatles at Candlestick Park DVD?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by cwon, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwon

cwon Active Member Thread Starter

I stumbled across a couple of sites selling a DVD of the Beatles Candlestick Park concert. Anyone buy this and have a review to post?

2. reechie

reechie Senior Member

I've not seen any of this stuff, but it's my understanding that what you'd be getting is actually a documentary about the Candlestick Park show, not a video of the actual concert. There is some 8 millimeter audience filmed footage and news footage taken at the show, but no professional footage of the entire show exists. It's been available for years in one form or another, but it never seemed worth the price they were asking for it.

3. cwon

cwon Active Member Thread Starter

4. reechie

reechie Senior Member

5. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

In the mid 1980s I was priveliged to watch some footage filmed on 16mm from backstage of much of the concert, but it had no soundtrack. The plan was to release a video synchronized with the bootleg audio tape. The owner of the footage lived in the Bay area, and his partner in the proposed video project lived here in Oregon, and I have not heard any progress reports in nearly as long. It's a bit weird to watch a Beatles concert from backstage, especially with Ringo's head bobbing up and down in "front".

jpreza likes this.
  6. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Why this wasn't filmed professionally is beyond me.

Sure the performances gave, they weren't real proud of by then, but they knew this was gonna be the last show.

So why?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.