Beatles - Blue Odeon Label Question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Joe Koz, Aug 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brother™ In Memoriam Thread Starter

With all this talk about the German Beatle LP's, got me thinking about what I have on the blue Odeon label. I Have..

Beatles Beat
    16 Greatest Hits
    Beatles For Sale
    Rubber Soul

The two U.S. titles...
    Beatles Something New
    Beatles 65

What's funny is, it seems these titles are the only ones I see on the blue label. Besides "With The Beatles" (which I don't have yet) I don't remember seeing "Revolver" or "Help" for that matter. "Sgt. Pepper" and beyond is probably Apple, but how far into the catalog does the blue label go. What about "Please Please Me? it seem it's either on the Hor Zu label or Apple.

2. Too bad www.yokono.com is gone. You could find some good information there.

I'm sure there were Blue Odeon pressings of Revolver and Sgt. Pepper's. Just check eBay periodically. They do show up every once in a while.

I also have a Beatles Collection of Oldies on the Blue Odeon label.

3. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

It's gone?

Anyone know why?

4. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

In Germany, the Odeon white background label was used as late as Revolver (August 1966), I distinctly remember. The blue label was definitely in use by the middle of 1968, but that's as much of my memory that I can be sure of. Any blue label pressing of anything issued before the end of 1966 is not a first pressing.

5. peter

peter Senior Member

I have seen a scan of a red/white/gold Pepper LP on ebay.

6. No one seems to know Gary. The question was brought up in a recent thread. The yokono Web site just disappeared one day. Too bad. Lots of good information could be found there. I'm going to try Google archives to see if any of the pages are still there. Only problem is Google archives generally contain just the text from the pages, no pics.

Joe, here is another Beatles German LP Web page that I use once in a while. Has some good info on different pressings, monos, stereos, etc.

7. Joe Koz

Nice site Mike, thanks! :thumbsup:

8. greg_t

greg_t Senior Member

I picked up a copy of Revolver last saturday with the blue Odean label that was pressed in Uraguay. Matrix numbers of XEX 605-2 and XEX 606-2. Vinyl is in great shape, but the actual album sleeve is basically just paper and is really cheap. Still though, I got it for $20 and it is my first taste of Revolver in mono. Very good stuff.

9. Evan

Evan Senior Member

I have two copies of "Revolver" on the blue Odean label, pressed in Germany. One sounds great and the other is nice to look at :D

10. Joe Koz

Re: Re: Beatles - Blue Odeon Label Question

Put the great sounding one in the good looking one! :D

11. Re: Re: Re: Beatles - Blue Odeon Label Question

Put on the great sounding one and listen to it, while staring at the good looking one. :laugh:

Google has all of www.yokono.com in their cached section. Hard to find. You can only reach each page individually, such as this one on the Beatles box sets. As mentioned earlier, these pages only contain the text, no photos. But at least that's better than nothing. I'm going to try and find as many pages as possible in the Google cache and save them to my hard drive.

12. Evan

Evan Senior Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Beatles - Blue Odeon Label Question

Not a bad idea. I could mat and frame the good looking one and put it on the wall in my office :D

13. Sgt. Pepper's blue odeon

A seller on eBay has two albums together up for grabs. W German White Album on Apple and a Pepper's on the blue Odeon label w/ the Hörzu logo.

Attached Files:

14. Also another seller has a white/gold/red/Hörzu Pepper's for sale on eBay. Click on the X to see the labels.

15. Joe Koz

Re: Sgt. Pepper's blue odeon

I hate when they group records and you only want one of them. It sucks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.