Beatles bootlegs on eBay...

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by thenexte, Nov 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thenexte

thenexte Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brotherâ„¢ In Memoriam

You have to remember there's millions of items on e-bay, they're not going to catch everything. Besides, I think when it comes to sound recordings they may look the other way (if it's not to obvious to most buyers). It all comes down to money.

3. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

At least they are not charging a lot, and it is interesting stuff, as opposed to selling MFSL needle drops or so..........yet, you are correct.

Still, if I had one or two of these, I would sure give them a spin! No different then buying the Unsurpassed Masters at a Beatle convention all those years ago.

4. Claude

Claude Senior Member

One of the most famous CD labels releasing Beatles bootlegs was Swinging Pig Records.

At one time in the mid 90's, those european bootleg labels were all located in Luxembourg, which was the last country in the EU to put a 1989 EU copyright directive into effect, a law that made those 60's bootlegs illegal. I have a friend who worked in the intellectual property administration at that time. He regularly received calls by the label managers inquiring on the progress of the new copyright law. The bootlegs disappeared from stores in a few weeks after the law was enacted.

5. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

Actually, those boots boots look pretty good. I wonder whats on that first one...56 tracks, all outakes??

6. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Some are 15 seconds long. Breakdowns.

mud-

7. Beatle Terr

Beatle Terr Super Senior SH Forum Member Musician & Guitarist

I just bought Volumes 2 and 3 from them.

It they are put together nicely and the sound is very good if not excellent. I like these a lot. Perhaps I will buy the all soon.

However if you already own every older Beatle Boot as I do not Contrary to popular belief. Then you more than likely won't ever have the need for these.

They aren't bad though!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.