Beatles Canadian "Don't Bother Me" with dodgy edit - where?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by posieflump, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. posieflump

posieflump New Member Thread Starter

Beatles thread!

Apologies if I'm exhuming something which was long ago put to rest, but I've searched extensively and found nothing.

What is the matrix number of the Canadian "Meet The Beatles" with the extra "don't" in "Don't Bother Me"? (I call it a dodgy edit in the thread title as I assume it's a tape which hadn't been edited to match the mono version. I've not actually heard it yet.)

The best information that I can find is that it is on a 1970s Canadian stereo recut of "Meet The Beatles!", purple Capitol label, ST2047. The thing is, I HAVE a 1970s Canadian stereo recut on the purple Capitol label, handwritten matrix "ST-2-2047" on side 2, what looks like "J 2 2" next to it, and a stamped "Mastered by Capitol". While it's a very clear sounding copy, content-wise it is identical to every other stereo copy of "Meet The Beatles" it has been my misfortune to sit through. :laugh:

It was reading about it being on the purple 70s label that made me dig my copy out. I haven't played it in ten years or more. Now I'll put it away again for a further ten or more!

Thinks: would my copy being stamped "Mastered by Capitol" suggest it was actually cut in the USA, or did Capitol Canada also follow this practice?

Anybody?

Cheers,

2. Winter Hugohalter

Winter Hugohalter New Member

I sold a copy of this album here on Friday.The matrix # on side two is handwritten ST-2047-B, what looks like TLC-T or ThC-T and what looks like GC. Capitol of Canada did use the machine stamped "Mastered By Capitol". From the info I've found, the only copies that have the variation have this matrix number.

3. posieflump

posieflump New Member Thread Starter

Thanks for that. I imagine it'd be a needle-in-a-haystack job to find a copy, then?

4. Winter Hugohalter

Winter Hugohalter New Member

Yes, you don't run across them everyday,that's the third I've seen in 6 years. check out eBay for a Canadian purple label Meet The Beatles and ask the seller for the matrix #. You'll have to try a few different searches.

5. Nobby

Nobby Senior Member

Hey Mart!

I've got one.... not for sale though!

Picked it up in a dodgy record shop in Bristol in about 1981. Cost me £1.99....

If you want to hear it just let me know!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.