Beatles - Candlestick Park Photos

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stuguy, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Still more than enough fans were there.^^

2. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

After the previous two years of pandemonium, I think some parents also probably decided that a Beatles concert wasn't necessarily a great place for their kids to be.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  3. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

4. Candlestick was about 3/4 full that foggy Monday night in San Francisco. I missed the show because of my drum Lesson

andrewskyDE likes this.
  5. Mark7

Mark7 Forum Resident

I was almost 2 years old at the time, so I missed this one eve ntho I grew up in SF...But I did see Paul close out the stadium in 2014! BTW while it was August, I guarantee this was a cold, clammy night at the 'Stick in 1966.

andrewskyDE and pablo fanques like this.
  6. pablo fanques

pablo fanques Somebody's Bad Handwroter In Memoriam

I can't get over the ridiculousness of not having floor seats. This is like a Rutles parody. Seriously!!!

DrBeatle and andrewskyDE like this.
  7. ash1

ash1 Forum Resident

Great photos. Keep posting chaps. Only need about 43000 more pictures to make a movie of this event.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  8. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

Strange setup for a concert. I guess this was early on in stadium shows and it makes me wish I was there. Everything is funniest in the beginning in this world. Until things get moderated to death.

9. spherical

spherical Forum Resident

fantastic photos from this night. thank you. i think part of the smiles on their faces at this time, was because they knew......this was the last final.....and they always loved to play..together....it's just that the playing and singing live had turned into something else..the last couple a years...but..this night......perhaps inside and showing on their faces.....they opened up....and ..for a few minutes anyway.......remembered and realized....that they were/are....a good band, and playing was their reason for being.......wow....think of it....those 30 or so minutes....candlestick park, SF.........and no one knew that it would be different, from now on......'cept for probably the 4 of them, and maybe brian?.....

10. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

They look so happy -relieved- in some of those pictures because they knew this was their final gig:laugh:

Bullis and andrewskyDE like this.
  11. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I believe that Shea Stadium was organized much better.

the sands likes this.
  12. somnar

somnar Senior Member

So I the answer to the OP is one. Too bad, I'd love to see those, too.

13. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

My wife lived nearby Candlestick, and could hear the screaming... :rolleyes:

andrewskyDE likes this.
  14. Kwai Chang

Kwai Chang Forum Resident

How strange that they wanted to commemorate the monster that had found them...
    ("and here are some pictures of us really hating life...we took them ourselves")

15. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apple Corp should open up the archive. There are not much photos from Candlestick Park left.

Kwai Chang likes this.
  16. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Hmm, yeah wish we could see that group selfie.

ash1 likes this.
  17. zen

zen Senior Member

This footage was new to me...

18. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

So cool - thanks for sharing this. It's neat to see the large spotlight shadow Ringo casts, George waving to someone, and the policeman/security person in the front just swinging his arms like nothing is happening, and the game of "tag" going on in the outfield....

zen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.