Beatles (Christmas 2017 releases)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bowie Fett, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident Thread Starter

2. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

3. $73 US for the box

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2017
  4. DLant

DLant The Upstate Gort Staff

Please remember that overly negative posts that add nothing constructive to the conversation will be removed and/or the thread will be closed.

5. BurtThomasWard

BurtThomasWard Guided by Loke In Memoriam

Even if I would have loved these things on cd (as well), I can see myself buying it as it is a rather beautiful artifact. But only if the price is right (on eBay later), I think.

Gaslight and vince like this.
  6. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Any info on sound? No quotes about "painstakingly remastered from the original tapes"?

7. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

Acclaimed ‘Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’ Expanded Deluxe Anniversary Edition to be Released in HD Digital Audio

\The Deluxe Anniversary Edition features the album’s acclaimed 2017 stereo mix, plus 18 additional tracks, including complete alternate takes for the groundbreaking album’s 13 songs, newly mixed in stereo. The expanded edition also features the 2017 stereo mix and an instrumental take of “Penny Lane” and the 2015 stereo mix and two complete alternate takes for “Strawberry Fields Forever.”

8. Wiserforthetime

Wiserforthetime Forum Resident

So are these items exclusive thru the Beatles site in the US?

9. Daniel Plainview

10. Wiserforthetime

Is there anything new to the Sgt. Pepper? Looks like the vinyl and pic disc mimic the 1 CD release from last may.
    So no new material on any of the Pepper's items?

11. Daniel Plainview

No.

saborlord123 and Ed Hughes like this.
  12. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

I was hoping for at least hi-res of the Pepper mono mix.

NYMets41 likes this.
  13. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Do they come with downloads?????
    No turn-table, have I....
    I gotta admit.... I really haven't heard "Everywhere It's X-mas" without the sound of record-pops!

spindly likes this.
  14. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway YES, I'M A NERD

I quite fancy a Pepper picture disc.

The press release is quite dull though. Will we ever again reach the dizzy heights of the 2009 press release, long gone but not forgotten.. ;-)

andrewskyDE likes this.
  15. Raf

Raf Senior Member

I wonder if the copyrights have been cleared for all the song bits the Beatles spontaneously break into on the Christmas records. They had to edit "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" out of of the 1963 message for the free download that was briefly available on iTunes some years ago.

16. fogalu

fogalu There is only one Beethoven

In a way I'm relieved that I don't have a turntable because I'm still broke after Sgt Pepper.
    But I'm sure a lot of fans would like to have these recordings on an official CD. A missed opportunity here, I think.

jtiner likes this.
  17. numer9

numer9 Beatles Apologist

Hopefully the age old mystery of who did the art for the 1968 UK sleeve will be revealed.

18. Wiserforthetime

Has anyone bought yet?

19. Frank

Frank Senior Member

20. Daniel Plainview

As soon as Amazon US allows me to I will happily pre-order. The Christmas box, at least.

21. sfligio

sfligio Forum Resident

I really can't understand that assumption from mikecarrera... I will definitely buy it, I know some friends that will buy it, but i think that no more than 2% of fans will be happy with this release

applebonkerz, Sean, RockyRoll and 6 others like this.
  22. StateOfTheArt

StateOfTheArt Beatle Know-it-all

I will probably pick up the Xmas set, pass on the rest. - picture discs - aren't they a bit noisy?

vince likes this.
  23. Kevin j

Kevin j The 5th 99

forgive my ignorance on beatles obsessives, but does this announcement live up to the hype of the other thread speculating what was to come? is this all that is being released? it seems like, besides the Christmas songs, this is all already released.

gabbleratchet7 likes this.
  24. jtiner

jtiner Forum Resident

So it appears the HD audio release consists of the 2017 stereo remix and the outtakes plus PL and SFF. Am I missing anything? No original stereo and mono in HD?

Michael likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.