Beatles (Christmas 2017 releases)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bowie Fett, Nov 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

It still hasn't arrived, no.

2. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

It has just arrived, yes!

JamesD1957 likes this.
  3. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

So, there is a repress??

4. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Mine too!

mrjinks likes this.
  5. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

That's what I was told (about a month ago), and so it seems.

6. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

At some point I shall do a compare/contrast the "Everywhere it's Christmas" disc with my (pretty much pristine) original.

7. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

8. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Can we get some quantifiable data that would suggest a repress, i.e.: matrix detail, etc... It seems the only thing that would suggest a repress would be recent purchase timeline, which could be just as easily explained by returned/re-shelved product leftover from holidays

9. I sort of doubt there was a repress for early in the new year for a Christmas set. My guess is that remaining copies just surfaced from retailers and distributors. I haven't seen these in store (obvious because of the season) or even listed on many sites-if any.

ZippyPippy and fishcane like this.
  10. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Mine arrived a day or so back. Was shrinkwrapped and appeared to be in the standard card packaging. Was pre-ordered in mid November. No idea why the delay. To be honest I was expecting some sort of cancellation and would usually have cancelled and sourced elsewhere. There have need a couple of major issues with deluxe packages over the last six months or so - the Dylan box and this one and I got caught with both. Really should not be happening with pre-orders of premium priced products like these.

11. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

thats awful service to order then and just be getting it now, honestly. My local Brick/Mortar has had several copies on the shelf since the day of release, I noticed them still there as recently as last week.

12. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

They could have said 'ah sorry we didn't get any' but..

I did see one on a store shelf, £99. So, just as well I waited it out.

13. trickster

trickster Well-Known Member

I made an order in November. But Amazon had returned money before the New Year's Eve (the package had lost). So today I've made another order from Amazon.ca

14. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I also ordered in november. It has to arrive next week (I hope).

15. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

You are of course perfectly correct. The only reason I didn't cancel was because it was a very good price and by the time I was getting worried about delivery stocks here in the UK had disappeared. We also had a couple of family bereavements over the Christmas period so I was otherwise occupied. I was much more proactive with the Dylan release and ended up getting that one for nothing (albeit with a few dents on the outer sleeve).

fishcane likes this.
  16. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

Best of luck. Hopefully your patience we pay off and you can enjoy that Spring Christmas experience!

17. Movie Mars is selling the set for $92.00 on Amazon US. However, Amazon itself is showing the set as unavailable. Unsure if there was a repress or if additional stock was discovered.

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  18. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

Well, obviously :
    1) Original - Quite crackly but a good strong loud cut, distorts in places
    2) NewOne - No crackle noise, no distortion, but it's quiet by comparison.

The New one takes less space on the disc surface, the old one uses more of it.

What I might do is to put my original through my "mono declick" software and see if it gets it more comparable.

Either way, I think it's just a matter of turning the volume up on the new disc. Not tried the other discs - They're all individually shrinkwrapped for goodness sake!

Shawn likes this.
  19. marcb

marcb Senior Member

A good strong loud cut [which] distorts in places?

Probably just a coincidence...

20. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

21. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

Hi,

Yeah, I did a "Declick" (thanks to some suggested software package over on the "Equipment" forum) on my original 1966 disc, and it comes out much clearer than it was, and louder than the new version. Obviously all it needs is to be turned up a bit, but you shouldn't really need to.

22. trickster

Finally i got it from Canadian Amazon!

Great packaging. I'm going to listen tomorrow.

23. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

Shouldn't you wait until Christmas? ;)

24. trickster

It was waiting for my first parcel from my preorder in November. Then received refund from amazon. So now it was my second try.

25. Raf

Raf Senior Member

@slane — Just in case you're still wondering about the new box, this Discogs entry now has the timings for each side of discs 6 and 7:

The Beatles - Happy Christmas Beatle People! (The Christmas Records)

slane and jmxw like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.