Beatles compendium news

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DinsdaleP, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DinsdaleP

DinsdaleP Senior Member Thread Starter

Forumgoers and fellow Beatlemaniacs -

A few weeks back, I posted about my forthcoming reference books covering ALL known Beatles recordings (audio and video) in circulation.

Volume One is now ready to be pre-ordered!

It's entitled

WAY BEYOND COMPARE
    The Beatles' Recorded Legacy
    Volume One (1957-1965)

Check out the new website at

http://members.aol.com/multiplusbooks

And you'll be one click away from ensuring you are one of the first to receive a copy, shipped directly from the printer.
    Order before March 1st and save $5 off the retail price!

More details and a link to the sample pages are at the website, with further sample pages coming soon! I've put over ten years of work into this project, and am thrilled with the results. I hope you will be, too.

- John C. Winn

2. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Welcome John!

This book is going to be great. I "know" John from the Beatles related Yahoo groups are boy does he know his stuff! You should check out the book on his website, it looks to be a Killer.

John, you can send me the check for this next week. (LOL)

3. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I wsh I could type since I'm good at making errors that the spell checker doesn't catch.

My last post should have said "...Yahoo groups AND Boy does..."

4. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

Hey John, glad to have you here.

I'll check out your book. How much of a cut does David get?

5. DinsdaleP

Forget about plugging my book (although I appreciate the kind words), David should get a salary for al the trees he's helped run on the Yahoo mailing list he's referring to. Time and time again he signs up for the thankless task of assigning 1-200 people as leaves and branches. Although I guess it pays off in trades!

- John

6. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

John,

Welcome back! You should be advised that your few posts here have been to strictly promote the upcoming release of your book. Advertisements are strictly forbidden in thread content here at SH Forums. Certainly, you are cordially invited to hang out here with us and share your knowledge with the Members. That we warmly encourage. However, unless you are going to "join-in" in the fun and festivities, we kindly ask that you stop the obvious commercial content.

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter!

Bob & the SH Forums Team

7. DinsdaleP

My apologies, Bob (and everyone)! I wasn't aware of the "no advertising" rule. Just wanted to reach as many Beatle collectors as possible, and I know that many hang out here.

Although I rarely post, I have been lurking here for many months, usually following just the Beatle-related threads (and other artists I like, such as the Who, Elvis Costello, Kinks, XTC). And I'm a big fan of Steve's work on the solo Beatles CDs.

I won't post about my book anymore!

- John

8. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

John,

Thank you for your cooperation! We invite you to do more than simply "lurk". Join in and share your knowledge. Certainly, your Beatles knowledge would greatly contribute to the discussions here and I can assure that you will make new friends in the process.

Regards,

Bob:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.