Beatles EP CD box $US49.00!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by peterC, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peterC

peterC Aussie Addict Thread Starter

I've kept quiet on this for the last few days so as not to waste anyone's time.

I ordered it with great scepticism on Tuesday, and...............it arrived on Thursday! UNBELIEVABLE!!

New Beatles EP CD collection $AU89.95 plus postage!

I don't know if they have any more in stock (they don't update their catalogue daily)
    and I'm not sure if they ship outside Australia but I think they do. Certainly worth an email to check.

Here's the link:

http://www.musicexperts.com/store/browse_catalog.phtml?view=0&days=0

They've got the Singles box as well.

2. peterC

Oh man, I've been listening to this box for the last two hours and for one frozen moment I was 10 years old again.

It's Only Love brought me to tears.

Oh man.

3. Mike V

Mike V New Member

Nice buy, Peter! I paid just over $100 for mine and still feel I got a bargain :D

It's all about value, I guess. This set is a very good value IMO!!!

4. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I feel silly, I brought it when it was released and paid full retail while I was living in London. It must has been almost $200. I wish at that time I knew about collecting UK pressings. I remember seeing them everywhere for next to nothing. I think Ebay changed everything...

Todd

5. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

Good buy Peter, I hope you enjoy the set as much as I do.

6. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

Nice one mate :righton:

I chanced upon my set a while back at www.secondsounds.com - paid not very much at all for it :D but then it didn't have to travel very far.

If I see any more up for grabs I'll give a shout.

All the best - Andrew

7. peterC

I'd be interested to know if anyone else here has ordered the EP box from musicexperts.com as I did, and whether they've had any luck?

It's still listed on their website, so they might have a few in stock.

Incidentally musicexperts is part of the Australian retailer Time Warp which is (or was?) owned by Glenn A Baker, owner of Raven Records, music historian and Beatles freak.

Maybe he stocked up big on the box when it was first released.

8. Claviusb

Claviusb A Serious Man

They sent me a note saying they were out of the EP set, but they expect more next week, Peter.

9. Duke of Prunes

Duke of Prunes New Member

Help an amateur out... What exactly is the deal with the "EP" CDs? What are they? How are they special? In terms of substance and sound quality, how are they unique? Thanks.

Rob

10. Cousin It

Cousin It Senior Member

The old Time Warp shop!! Price gouging bastards.:realmad:

11. peterC

Duke, if you do an archive search of Beatles you'll find much discussion of the merits of the ep set. That's where I find out about it. You can check out the tracklist at any online store.

Cousin It, yeah I was a victim of Timewarp many times. As you probably know they closed their city shop and they now have a shop at Dee Why although I've never been there. I guess the bargain on the ep set was just a lucky fluke. Maybe they inadvertently left a "1" off the front of the price!

12. Cousin It

Cousin It Senior Member

Yeah !! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anytime I bought from them it was only when they had specials.I used to go there regularly and couldn't believe some of the prices.You could buy some things for $80 less up the street sometimes.I never understood how they stayed in business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.