DCC Archive Beatles "Free As A Bird" Sessions-the unreleased stuffd

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dr. Winston, Sep 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Winston

Dr. Winston New Member Thread Starter

This is kinda off topic for this board but I just gotta ask---where is all the video and/or audio outakes for these sessions?Other than brief clips I haven't seen much--for the most anticipated rock reunion of all time with the surviving Beatles it was pretty low key which is probably how they wanted it.....but I beleive the cameras and recorders were rolling constantly--were there any notable jam sessions?. Also does anybody know exactly when these sessions started and when they ended?. Thanks fellow board members.

theMess likes this.
  2. Paul L.

Paul L. New Member

theMess likes this.
  3. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Here's a site that provides info on the Beatles' 90s recordings, in a format similar to Lewisohn's book: http://www.vex.net/~paulmac/beatles/rs/gobnotch.html

theMess likes this.
  4. Unknown

Unknown Guest

I used to have all kinds of tape-trading connections, but sadly they've all dried up or vanished. But I'm with you, Doc — where's the stuff? I know someone's got it on a cassette somewhere....

5. Sergio Ruz

Sergio Ruz Forum Resident

There's a demo of "Free as a bird" with Paul overdubbing his vocals, on the 2 CD bootleg "Anthology more" (a nice but not really revealing set). I don't know about anything else coming from those sessions, yet.

6. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

The version of FAAB on Anthology More is not a genuine outtake recording from the sessions. It actually is a very clever outfake, done by using out-of-phase stereo to extract some guitar and Paul/George vocals from the released version of the song, which they then combined with John's original demo. The result is a "remix" which actually sounds much better than the official version, and manages to rescue some of the charm of John's original song from the Jeff Lynne overproduced sludge.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.