Beatles Japanese Albums Set to Be Released

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by imthewalrus79, Apr 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

First... they are better than that - relax, breathe easy. They have this pre-order price guarantee down pat.

Second... Your existing order will never change to reflect the new pricing. That's a waste of computing power. They will send you an email following your shipping notice email, that tells you how much you have saved.
    EDIT: Correction - Your order and your invoice, available on screen, will change after the sale/ship to reflect the price you have actually paid, with correct tax too.

I've never had problems with this program. I don't recall reading of anyone having trouble, either. They have this running smoothly.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    Simon A likes this.
  2. WTF are people on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums clamoring for louder Beatles albums??? :confused:

No wonder Steve avoids these Beatles remasters threads like the plague . . .

3. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

I wonder if these sets sold on amazon are made in Japan

RonW likes this.
  4. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

"Louder" doesn't have to mean LOUD in the worst sense of the word. The mono tracks on the U.S. box are "louder" than the 2009 mono box, but they sound great and it's nice to have them at the same level as the stereos, for playlist purposes.

905 and slane like this.
  5. Eobard Thawne

Eobard Thawne Forum Resident

Then we'll get the US albums on vinyl using the 2009 remasters.

6. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

Thanks. Actually, my order did update automatically, and now shows the lower price. (I'm not sure how long this tookj, since I was not online at all over the weekend.)

7. edmund_k

edmund_k occasionally worth reading

Got mine in the UK a few days ago and played it today. Enjoyed the albums but regretted that I'd not seen the comment about the resealable outer sleeve before operating on it

8. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

Do you have a link? I still see it for $118.98.

RonW likes this.
  9. RonW

RonW Forum Resident

Is there any link? I can't find it at all...

:shrug:

10. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

11. nickinny

nickinny Member

It was at the lower price for just a few days before it shot back up.

12. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

Right. I got the lower price only because I had already pre-ordered. Otherwise I would have missed it.

13. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

So, has anyone been able to compare the "for-Japan" set, as originally offered by CD Japan and released June 25, with the version more recently offered by amazon (release date July 22)? Are there any differences, aside from price?

14. slane

slane Forum Resident

How does the Japan 'Help!' CD sound then? Does it have limiting to bring it up to the level of the other stereo CDs?

15. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Still $101.97 at bullmoose.com, free shipping.

16. RobCooper

RobCooper Cobwebs & Strange

Amazon.co.uk down to £63.60.....

RiRiIII likes this.
  17. RonW

RonW Forum Resident

18. RonW

RonW Forum Resident

I am thinking of buying this set as these were the albums I loved the most and there are so many memories. I just can't help but wonder on the sound.

I guess the price is ok but is there a US version I should be looking at that is perhaps better? Things are flying by me fast these days...

19. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

The link I posted is the U.S. version. The Japanese version is more expensive, but I've not seen any direct comparisons to know what the packaging differences are. The music is identical.

This is the Japanese set:

http://www.amazon.com/Meet-Beatles/...d=1406034966&sr=1-3&keywords=meet+the+beatles

20. RonW

RonW Forum Resident

ibanez_ax likes this.
  21. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Jeez, I've had my Japanese box for a month now and still haven't even opened it. Ugh.

22. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

I just got my set today from Amazon. I haven't played it yet but I can verify that it's just the Japanese pressing with a tiny new barcode sticker on the back of the outer bag. The discs all say Made in Japan and the booklet is half English and half Japanese. Mine is definitely NOT pressed in the US.

Not a bad deal for under$90 including shipping. Lovely looking set. I'll give it a listen tonight!

Mr. H and forthlin like this.
  23. sethICE

sethICE Forum Resident

Good news!

24. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

Here are some photos of the set I got from Amazon today. Beautifully constructed! The Japanese always seems to be a tad better than US versions so these look amazing. Will play them later tonight starting with "Help!" Glad Capitol imported them at a more reasonable price than ordering direct from Japan.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

25. badfingerjoe

badfingerjoe Senior Member

Mine arrived today also....gonna open it up later tonight.........I also got it at the 83.00 price....and free shipping.......I was shocked when the price went that far down....
    Made deciding to pre-order even better.

Mr. H and forthlin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.