Beatles mono VINYL box set (Part #14)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Sep 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff Thread Starter

2. zen

zen Senior Member

The American version of MMT. The new mono box didn't include the EP version.

3. Artyom Yakovlev

Artyom Yakovlev Active Member

With the Capitol rainbow label. Same as it was with the 2009 Mono CD.

4. zen

zen Senior Member

The flow was like Sgt. Pepper Pt. 2. I guess the Brits want to make it their version of MMT. I say boo!

5. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Like The Americans did in 1967. Revenge!

Ben Sinise and Nobby like this.
  6. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

In answer to the question asked a few minutes ago but in a different thread, so not directly quotable or answerable, These pressings are more than 99.99% perfect, according to the very few problems discussed above. And even most of those problems disappear once the discs are either cleaned or laid flat for a while.

e.s., clgoss77, mikrt17 and 4 others like this.
  7. zen

zen Senior Member

Regression!!

8. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Wait till you see the thin laminate jacket versions of 'Beatles Second Album', 'Something New' and 'Yesterday and Today' on the Parlophone label they're cooking up. (Not really!)

zen likes this.
  9. motionoftheocean

motionoftheocean Senior Member

interesting idea but yeah, probably makes more sense without the LP's side 2 in the mix.

10. The Spaceman

The Spaceman Forum Resident

So what's everyone's favorite part of the box?

The gorgeous box? The Book? The stunning records inside? All of the above? :D

Gavinyl, melo85 and DmitriKaramazov like this.
  11. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Yes, yes,yes, and yes.

Gavinyl, Ash76, googlymoogly and 2 others like this.
  12. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Yes!
    Everything as its such a fine piece of masterwork.
    I would say this is one of the best reissues of the past few years, definitely essential addition to the collection.
    Haven't yet actually listened to any albums on the set but as I carefully visually examined them, each vinyl was as pristine and immaculate on my 2012 EU Stereo Vinyl-boxset.

Gavinyl, crispi and The Spaceman like this.
  13. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

Magical Mystery Tour just smokes every version I've owned. Very happy with it. For stereo I'm still partial to the German Horzu on Apple Records.

14. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

I wish it flowed like my original cassette, saying that I have listened to the new 2014 and it does not have large gaps, for my needledrop I will probably close the gaps though :righton:

daveidmarx likes this.
  15. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Does anyone else have a problem with side 4 of the White Album? It seems Honey Pie sounds real scratchy about ten seconds in :)

16. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

The first LP of MONO MASTERS sounds phenomenally awesome.

Gavinyl, bluemooze, e.s. and 2 others like this.
  17. Millington

Millington Forum Resident

It is supposed to sound like a 78rpm record from the 20's/30's. If you mean the line "now she's hit the big time in the USA"

MattyRedSox likes this.
  18. Michael Ries

Michael Ries Forum Resident

[​IMG]

19. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

The guy is joking. You didn't see his smiley face?

20. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

Mine too! I wonder if Rainbo Records actually was subcontracted to press some of the overflow to meet demand!

John Grimes and Keith V like this.
  21. 'Ya know, week before last I talked to Brian Kehew about this project. He totally does not care about it. He has done so much Beatles/EMI archaeology and has heard enough of the master tapes that he is bruned out on the Beatles.

22. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

sure but I got a copy of Weezer's debut album from Mofi I finally opened yesterday to take a little break from the Beatles before I hit the White Album. I opened it to see a pretty noticeable....quarter to half inch zig-zagging scratch crossing over tracks 2 and 3. I was very disappointed. Cleaned it, popped it on to see how screwed up it was going to sound.

didn't make a noise...not the tinniest bit.

amazing how that can happen...but anyway....the record played perfectly...so I am good to go.
    Hope you work it out with the Beatles records.

good luck with it all

!

e.s. and crispi like this.
  23. Bill Lettang

Bill Lettang Forum Resident

I never trust 1st impressions...including my own, so I'll reserve comment on the 2014's until a few months from now after repeated plays and time in between them.

Cracklebarrel and morinix like this.
  24. Wally Swift

Wally Swift Yo-Yoing where I will...

I knew if I hung around here long enough and didn't watch out I'd be buying every Beatles album sooner or later:laugh:

Rubber Soul and Revolver are still not posting as "Out For Delivery" yet. UPS turned the package over to USPS around 12:30pm. I want these tonight! :rant:

Peter Pyle and SpinningInfinity like this.
  25. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Yes.

I'll add that vinyl is not an exact science. The very nature of the production process will mean that you get a few faulty records.

Now, they have made a million records, an awful lot, there will be some faults in that, but this set is the best pressed and quietest vinyl I have bought in years.

US vinyl seems to have a bad reputation judging my many comments I have read over the years. I only bought UK and EU vinyl in the 70's and 80's and the quality of that was amazing. Over thousands of records I bought I only had to return one, a copy of London Calling that skipped. This set, IMO, is a return to the kind of quality that people if my age grew up with in the UK in the 70's and 80's.

Gavinyl, Tombby, e.s. and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.