Beatles mono VINYL box set (Part #15)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cracklebarrel

Cracklebarrel Forum Resident

Also known by the name "gossip."

bluemooze and googlymoogly like this.
  2. Whilst some of you are busy comparing notes on mixes I'm still trying to get one good box without any LP's with defects. I'm keeping DPD very busy with deliveries and collections at the moment. The gentleman who does the deliveries said I am keeping him in a job. Keep up the poor work, Optimal!

3. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

That's unfortunate. It was one reason why I opted to buy locally at Newbury Comics. Mike (a list member) at the Norwood location swapped out any defective LPs for me. One had visible marks, the other had a repetitive tick. No overt warps on any disc - none that my peripheral clamp couldn't take care of.

goat65cars likes this.
  4. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Instead of exchanging numerous boxes order the individual faulty LPs from Amazon, swap them with the box copies and return as faulty for a refund.

5. Where did you purchase from?

I have received a replacement box from Amazon.de, and between the two sets (using the better of the two pressings for each album), I was able to get decent records for most LP's. I still have one LP with warping and another one where the surface does not look that great. I am unsure what to do next.

6. nikh33

nikh33 Senior Member

Then what happens to the delivery guy??!

Kim Olesen likes this.
  7. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

I haven't even opened mine up. :shrug:
    It just sits on top of my shelf looking pretty :D

8. I also have a heavy weight record clamp with my turntable and no vinyl can slip under load accordingly. However, these LP's were not cheap and are being marketed as "audiophile pressings" - if they're not flat and your tone-arm is dancing about, sorry but audiophile they ain't. A severely dished record will not play as accurately as a flat record due to azimuth issues.

I am changing individual faulty LP's with the help of AMAZON but so far none of the replacements are any better. Al my replacements have been returned so far. No progress being made.

I bought from Amazon UK and Amazon Germany. All my faulty replacement LP's have so far come from Amazon UK. What to do next? I won't keep this up for much longer. I live near a river and these boxes will be heading towards it very shortly. I never knew I'd grow to love the Mono CD box so much!

9. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Strange all the warping. Had one badly warped and rest dead flat. Replacement was flat. Could be they are getting placed near heat in transit ?

10. No, the bowing of each disc is a bigger problem than warping and as I understand it, the problem arises when there is uneven cooling of the vinyl in the aftermath of pressing. It's difficult to change the shape of vinyl after manufacturer unless you store it in a red hot car in summer without protection or place it next to radiators or powerful heat source.

11. tingly

tingly Forum Resident

It doesn't have to be terribly hot, unfortunate personal car experience 20 years ago.

12. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Well those horrible fruit bowls can be easily made by putting an LP in hot water. So vinyl can't be that immovable if left in hot conditions for some time.

13. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. With the help of a couple of exchanges, I pretty much have a perfect set.

14. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff Thread Starter

To quote our host.......
    This is misinformation so kindly stop spreading it as he requested

15. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff Thread Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.