Beatles One EMI Box

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fraser, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fraser

fraser Forum Resident Thread Starter

One EMI Box

Hi all,
    I wonder what peoples opinions are regarding the 69 "re-presses" as they are called in the Record collector.I have just about every permutation of UK pressing and my 1EMI box copies seem to run all my 1st issue stereo`s very close indeed.They all appear to come from -1 plates , my Revolver for example is -1 , 3, & "G R" at 3 o`clock , which is the same as my black & yellow 1st issue.In fact my 1EMI Revolver sounds better as it is in mint condition and the B&Y is not quite as clean - yet they appear to be tonally almost identical. Has anyone else spent quality nerd time comparing these pressings and if so what do you think?
    By the way I`m listening on an LP12 ,ekos ,troika , Naim amps & Tannoy little gold monitors if this makes any difference.
    Oh , and thanks to you all for my favourite forum site on the web- it`s nice to know I`m not the only lunatic obsessed with finding the best pressings.
    Regards
    Fraser

2. FabFourFan

FabFourFan Senior Member

Re: One EMI Box

Welcome, and I hope someone here can advise you on these details! It must be wonderful being in the UK where all the old records are!!!!

FFF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.