Beatles Remasters on Vinyl (part 9)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. search&destroy

search&destroy Well-Known Member

the price difference between buying my eu pressed box from amazonUK and amazonUSA(they charge calif sales tax) was $95. and that was with premium shipping (2 day ups express international). a true bargain.

Turntable likes this.
  2. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

Yea baby:edthumbs::wantsome:

3. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

oi oi oi:goodie:

4. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Thanks for the tip. That's half of what the individual albums are in the stores here in DC. Just ordered With, HDN, For Sale, Revolver, Sgt. Peppers and the White Album for less than $90 shipped. That will tide me over until the mono box! They tell me these prices are good through today.
    Thanks again.

5. search&destroy

search&destroy Well-Known Member

actually....one of the best sgt peppers i own...is an original australian stereo pressing....honest!

imarcq likes this.
  6. Runt

Runt Senior Member

Afraid to open it...

Attached Files:

• 191.JPG
      191.JPG
      File size:
      69.9 KB
      Views:
  7. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

We are "blue meanies" if we don't like the release?

8. mono-o-mono

mono-o-mono Forum Resident

QRP is increasing their capacity as we speak and will expand to 10 presses soon. Rainbo uses 14 presses. QRP also has additional presses in storage that can be brought online if there is demand and they can also expand the footprint of their manufacturing facility.

9. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

Well the Aussie pressings of Sgt Pepper were made from UK parts, I imagine it is a -1 matrix so no surprises - it should be close in quality to a UK first press - enjoy!! No need for a remaster if you have this version.

10. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

I don't believe all the QRB presses are the same, so the pressings will be different depending on what presses they use. that is a completely different can of worms to open up :sponge:

11. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

Let it Be Naked gets scant regard on this thread but I generally like it - or more precisely, I enjoy absence of Phil Spector's vomit (as Glyn Johns would say). The vinyl sounds pretty good, nice hf extension and not compressed as far as I can tell - I'm guessing that most negative comments refer to the CD which obviously does not have the extension, and quite possibly more compressed. But, I don't lie the savage edit on Get Back. I've got a UK single which is my preferred version.

Turntable likes this.
  12. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Thanks for the info, great prices, going to grab a few online

13. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

beatles 65.jpg

Luv this beatles photo from the book with George Martin in the background.

14. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

Not to mention the LOVE vinyl discs that are very resolving and have none of the congested shortcomings of these remasters

Ringo75503 and LeeS like this.
  15. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Uh, hate to break it to you, but that's not George Martin. That's from the "You're Gonna Lose That Girl" sequence from their film "HELP!", with actors playing the producer and engineer.

sambamaster likes this.
  16. Went and got some LPs at Record Store Day. Listening now to the Love Forever Changes. It's wonderful. Thinking how Love can get a great pressing in USA and the Beatles cannot ?!?! I realize that the Love album is limited to 1500 but that shouldn't matter.

Hey Capitol are you listening ??

17. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

really, ha ha ha. You have sort of deflated me. :hide: Still looks good thou :goodie:

18. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.