Beatles Remasters on Vinyl (part4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delmonaco

delmonaco Forum Resident

Up to 25 min. per side should be ok, I think. The most extreme Beatles LP side, side 2 of The 20 Greatest Hits, is more than 35 min. long and still listenable (far from perfect of course, but 35 min. per side is really too much)

2. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Volume 1 will be fine, at about 20-21 minutes a side; however, Volume 2 will be about 25+ minutes on each side, which is indeed a bit long. The mono version will be even more of a problem, since Volume 2 is over 5 minutes longer than the stereo Volume 2. Perhaps they'll move Day Tripper & We Can Work It Out to volume 1 - that would seem to be a logical solution. They probably won't use logic though. :sigh:

3. mihu

mihu Forum Resident

But hopefully not on 7"/33rpm! I would love to see something like a 10" 45rpm Yellow Submarine EP!

4. sathvyre

sathvyre formerly known as ABBAmaniac

Either a 10" with 33 RPM or a 12" with 45 RPM !!!

5. BlueSpeedway

BlueSpeedway Curated Iconic Half-Speed Picture Disc

You called? :) This is the revised Vinyl Box artwork.

[​IMG]

6. cyberinsekt

cyberinsekt New Member

If they aren't numbering the box up to 50,000,how hard would it be to number the white album in the set?,wasn't the repro ticket numbered on the 'Station to Station' box,just a thought.....

7. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

Does anyone know if the flip back covers are being replicated?

8. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

I do not think anyone here knows where they are being pressed or whether they are all being pressed in one plant or two or three, etc. :sigh:

9. delmonaco

delmonaco Forum Resident

I don't think they will be numbered at all, because only the box and the book are limited to 50,000, the LP's inside the box have to be the same as the those available individually.

10. attym

attym Forum Resident

Maybe I'm not thinking globally on a Beatles level, but 50k seems like it shouldn't be hard to get one of these boxes if you want one.

11. Roland S.

Roland S. Forum Resident

:righton:

No, i´m not a insider, but i guess, if they can put the original mixes in the Mono-CD Box, they also can put it in a Mono-Vinyl-Box. I know the nonsens, about to release Stereo-Mixes in Mono-Boxes, but you know what i mean.....

It´s another 400 Dollar Box, and maybe only a box, with no separate standalone releases.

We will see happens next year. ;-)

12. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Ordered mine 9/30/12.

13. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

Can you link me to that post please?

14. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

Should be less expensive: fewer albums and presumably no big book of the Beatles.

Again: where do the USB files come from?

15. JohnnyH

JohnnyH Senior Member

I'm pretty sure the press release either implies or states that all the original sleeve features will be retained...

16. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Only one disc fewer than the stereo box though.

17. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

Hello drifter.

Should be 16 stereo Lps vs. 13 mono Lps.

18. slane

slane Forum Resident

Plus possibly the original stereo LPs of Help! and Rubber Soul.

19. Drifter

Drifter AAD survivor

Yes, no Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road or Let It Be of course, but both the mono AND original stereo mixes of Rubber Soul & HELP!

Thus, 15 albums total.

20. MusicIsLove

MusicIsLove formerly CSNY~MusicIsLove

I wonder how they would do the artwork and packaging for the original stereo and the 1987 stereo. Would they look different and how?

21. slane

slane Forum Resident

The 2nd disc of the Mono Masters album may cause a slight problem, 56 minutes is a bit long, though not impossible. If they did hive off the Yellow Sub EP onto another disc (as suggested earlier in the thread), this set would also be 16 discs.

22. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

The mono box I'll buy without question, well providing it does eventually get released.

The original stereo mixes of Help! and Rubber Soul better be included though as was the case of the CD box.

I think Apple and EMI could have saved themselves a lot of time and money by just scrapping those '87 digital remixes altogether and give us the originals instead. How many people do you think really would cry wolf that they didn't get those awful remixes on the new vinyl LP?

23. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

That is correct!

24. jeroemba

jeroemba Forum Resident

25. mihu

mihu Forum Resident

I really hope stereo Rubber Soul and Help! are not included in the 2013 mono box. With the CD box there was no need for extra discs as stereo and mono fitted on one disc.
    If I'm buying the mono vinyl box I want mono albums and not two complete extra stereo albums, which only make the set more expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.