Beatles Remasters on Vinyl (part4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

It seems they are quite expensive.

2. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

Fremer should ask this question to the engineer.

3. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

Yes they are - $704.42 USD right now @ CDJapan. And it looks like they are 'non Japan-made discs'. :eek: If that is the case, no sale. It would have to be a Japan-made set.

4. delmonaco

delmonaco Forum Resident

It makes sense to me, having in mind that all packaging and printed work for the box will be made in Italy, and my original preorder at Amazon.it was for delivery on 30OCT, and later they re-adjusted it. Also the official date for the box in Europe is 12NOV, and for the US is 13NOV. I tend to believe that all LP's for the box (the "limited first pressing") are pressed in Optimal, final packaging is made in Italy, and from there it is distributed around the world, and the different presing plants for US and Europe concerns only the standalone LP's. All this is speculation of course, I don't have any special info, but there's a logic in it.

5. solomon

solomon Forum Resident

I live in the States and buy (DVDs) from Amazon.uk all the time. No problems. Just takes a little longer for delivery than from Amazon.us.

6. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

Thanks, solomon!

7. Bruno Republic

Bruno Republic Forum Resident

I don't think that makes sense at all. Vinyl is heavy, and shipping it long distances costs a lot of money. If that wasn't an issue, there'd be no need to press it in more than one location.

8. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.