Beatles Rubber Soul Disque Americ BIN 550USD

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by PaulT, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum Thread Starter

2. DjBryan

DjBryan New Member

Thanks to this forum for that cd and price, it would have never been discovered

3. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

I think that guy ought to contribute something to our running costs.

4. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

"This fact was discovered and posted on the Google discussion board in 1999, but went unnoticed until 2006 (April 9th), when it was posted on a music discussion forum. "

maybe google should get some money.

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I am not going to try to verify the posting on Google back in 1999, but at least one person out there had to have discovered this before it came to light here in 2006.

6. jojopuppyfish

jojopuppyfish Senior Member

When initially discussing this thread, I went on the google groups and was able to find someone that mentioned it......maybe I should charge a research fee.

7. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

I noticed the Cinram collection....my fees can be donated to the "Save The Celebrities From Themselves" Foundation.

8. Raunchnroll

Raunchnroll Senior Member

I'll take a needle drop of a UK Parlophone, 'thank you...'

9. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Yes, I'm sure a lot of people would pay you well to research something that is now common knowledge. ;)

10. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Just curious...Does this CD sound really good as well?

11. DrJ

DrJ Senior Member

Well I found a mega-cheap copy a while back so took the plunge...and it's, well, okay. Nice not to have to put up with all the cheesy "improvements" Sir George inflicted on the more commonly available CD, but nowhere near as nice sounding as my EMI one-box and two-box (or even U.S. Capitol Rainbow label reissue) stereo RUBBER SOUL vinyl copies. Could have greatly benefited from some sympathetic mastering wizardry to take away the thinness and shrill edges.

Honestly, folks with vinyl playback capability needn't bother, unless they want to do it for collector/Beatles fanatic reasons. Just my opinion!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.