Beatles 2014 mono LPs going out of print...*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SurrealCereal, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I have to directly thank you as well as Mike in the video, for if you hadn't posted his video, I may have never heard the truth about that 2014 Mono LP of Sgt. Pepper!

Seriously, this forum can easily become overwhelming on such topics, as everybody has their own opinion of what is best sounding. I loved Mike's direct, no B.S. approach on the topic and while I realize that his view was just HIS opinion, he sure did make a LOT of sense of which he spoke. Sold me, is all I can say!

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  2. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Mono box rules. Enjoy.

3. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Well said!

Chris C likes this.
  4. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

I purchased one this week from Acoustic Sounds for $299.00. I'm happy to report my box was flawless. I see and hear none of the problems that plagued these when they were released in 2012. My Abbey Road pressing looks and played flawlessly. That one had the most flaws from the earlier pressings I read about. I have the mono vinyl box also. It's a nice pair.

5. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Just curious -are the boxes the same dimensions except for depth? I imagine the stereo box is deeper/thicker but do they match in the other dimensions?

6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

They are close

7. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

Dang, for real? I've never been a mono person but I grew up listening to the mono A Hard Day's Night and wanted to at least pick that one up sometime.

8. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

They are the same length. The stereo box is a 1/4 inch taller. The stereo box depth is a 1/2 inch longer. Very similar.

9. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I want it but I don't have the money for it. And I regret that I didn't buy all these mono vinyl records individually years earlier.^^

10. Vinylfindco

They still have that at Music Direct tonight. Just checked.

uzn007 and dbsea like this.
  11. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

At least it's somewhere, but I'm not going all the way to Chicago just to buy it :p Hopefully a Barns n Noble near me has it.

12. Vinylfindco

That is the other title beside Pepper that is disappearing. Don’t wait too long! There’s a 20% off sale now so you can get it for $17.

ssmith3046 likes this.
  13. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

Where?

Edit: I just looked at their website. Shipping is a b*tch, though.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  14. gonz

gonz Forum Resident

I feel I’m too far along to buy the mono box.

Already have pepper, white, and mmt in mono.

Would like to grab the others in mono too. Not really interested in mono masters.

Which one do I need to grab next, assuming they are running out of stock?

Revolver becoming more difficult to find?

15. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

Actually, leaving records in shrink wrap for a decade or more can cause significant damage to the contents depending on storage. IMO, you'd be better off at least cracking the edge open and storing it in a resealable poly sleeve. (source: work in a record shop, have seen tons of ruined albums that could have been saved if someone had just bothered to open them)

bward likes this.
  16. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

So, other than Ebay, where can I buy a 2014 Sgt Pepper's mono LP now?

17. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

18. NapalmBrain

NapalmBrain Forum Resident

if it puts anyones mind at ease, I haven't been able to get any copies of sgt. pepper in for 3 weeks straight says backordered on the mono, 1 and 2 disc 50th anniversary and standard stereo, same goes for DSOTM, and a lot of big name titles. I think the holidays did a number on inventory. Oh well freed up my budget to go the other titles I wouldn't normally order

19. Vinylfindco

Hard Day’s Night has been difficult to find at times. But I would grab Rubber Soul and Revolver asap.

gonz likes this.
  20. Vinylfindco

If you can swing for three titles, it ships free.

Alex Zabotkin likes this.
  21. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I love the mono masters.

22. MikeJedi

MikeJedi Forum Resident

U can still buy the Mono Box at most retailers .. I am heavily tempted to get one since I don't have the individual titles .. Probably the best I will hear the Beatles on LP unless I find old UK monos ?! Lol ;)

23. Zapruder

Zapruder Just zis guy, you know?

For the record, the mono box is listed as indefinitely backordered from all of my distributors. I’m confident in saying the entire 2014 mono series is being pulled from print.

The Beave likes this.
  24. CWillman

CWillman Senior Member

Maybe where you live, it's still available at most retailers, but not in my experience. I drove to a bunch of the independent record stores in L.A. today and none of them had it. Amazon is out and so are Barnes & Noble, Best Buy, Walmart, Target, and other digital retailers. A lot of music-specific web retailers still have it, and Amazon UK still has it, but those that do are the exception. Except maybe in Las Vegas? I may need to drive over there for one!

Alex Zabotkin likes this.
  25. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

I don't think it has technically been "in print" since 2014. They just pressed enough to meet the foreseeable demand for a few years. Now, it's just a matter of how much stock remains.

Christopher B and Alex Zabotkin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.