Beatles Stereo or Mono Box Set?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Shady24, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

I almost ordered from them for $303 with coupon.

But then saw music vaultz at $282 shipped with coupon. So ordered from there yesterday. And already shipped today...

Captain Rogers likes this.
  2. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Mine says “in progress”

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  3. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

I certainly hope they don't ship the rest of their stock while my order is "Pending"

4. Vinylfindco

I checked Music vaultz just now and it’s listing it at $209 CAD. Can that be right?

5. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

The prices of these places are all over the place, when I went to music vaultz just now it was CDN $399.99

6. Vinylfindco

I think it USD $399.00?

7. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

That must be cd price. Vinyl 399.99. Shipped to US 279

8. Vinylfindco

Strange because on the main page it says 209 CAD but that would be around $170 USD. But when you put the item in the cart it’s $399.00.

9. Vinylfindco

Well for $20 more I can get it (hopefully) from Acoustic Sounds. I’m sure our orders will process shortly.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  10. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

First of all, thanks for the Year of Zeppelin. Much appreciated, and something I would like to have done myself.

That said, if you prefer your Beatles in stereo, then you prefer them in stereo. And that's it. I guess the early stuff is fine in mono, but I really have no interest in hearing The White Album (for example) that way. But to say anybody doesn't know what they're talking about because they prefer stereo is ridiculous.

And yeah, I know about 'fake stereo' and that the band preferred mono, and George Martin. It's what they were used to and grew up with. I was six years old when they broke up, so it'll be (mostly) stereo for me, thanks.

billnunan and Bevok like this.
  11. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Wow, this is proof positive that Everyone has a different opinion about Everything here.

12. Captain Rogers

Captain Rogers Forum Resident

Nice! It's back at 399.99
    What's this coupon?

13. Bossyman

Bossyman Forum Resident

I mentioned it in an earlier thread...I think it’s VAULTZ and it takes 15% off. And remeber, 399.99 Canadian is around 329 US Plus take off 15%. Around 282 shipped to US

Captain Rogers likes this.
  14. Captain Rogers

Thank you

15. Captain Rogers

And thanks for VAULTZ. I've been looking for that Nirvana nevermind BLU RAY.

16. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Listen to what you like, no problem there. But there seems to be some confusion in your initial post about what makes the mono mixes unique. To suggest it's as simple as "it all comes from the middle speaker" misses the point entirely.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  17. misteranderson

misteranderson Forum Resident

My initial post? That was my initial post you just replied to right there. I only posted once in this thread, and you just quoted it. I said nothing about it "all comes from the middle speaker." i know better, and you have me confused with some other guy.

I understand that mono will be different, but I can't be bothered to go and buy the stuff again to find out, when I'd probably end up just liking the stereo versions more anyway.

18. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

My mistake, thought you were the user whose post I had originally replied to.

19. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yea, right...CD limited edition for the past 8 years and still available at Amazon US from Amazon...limited my ass...: )

20. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yes, the original is always better when it comes to Beatles...IMO.

Dan The Man1 likes this.
  21. When In Rome

When In Rome It's far from being all over...

Well... to be fair, when I wrote that it was only available on the UK Amazon site from third party sellers but now it does appear to suggest it will be back in stock on the 30th January.
    That's my excuse and I'm stuck with it... ;)

22. CraigBic

CraigBic Forum Resident

I think it just means the CD box set isn't as popular as the LP box set, The Stereo box was meant to be limited to 50k units if wherever I read that is correct but it's still in stock on Amazon and presumably they aren't getting anymore mono boxes.

23. Smegman

Smegman Forum Resident

I ordered a mono vinyl box from Amazon UK 8 days ago and still no shipping.

24. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

This is correct.
    Yes, there were a LOT of bad Rainbo pressings, sure were, but I actually had a running dialog back in the day with Rainbo/Capitol/EMI and worked with them to replace the defective LP's I had in TWO Beatles Stereo Boxes, Like a total of 17 bad pressings between the two. The 'good' pressings are State of the art. Quiet and remember, the Stampers were shipped in from England so they used the same family of stampers that Optimal used.
    But yes, Rainbo can press Audiophile pressings when the stars align.
    beave

25. PaulOnTheBeach

PaulOnTheBeach Active Member

There does seem to be a run on The Beatles In Mono box. If I had ordered prior to the holidays, I could have got the set from Amazon formaround $300. Now new copies are listing for well over $400. I finally pulled the trigger last week when I found a set from Oldies.com. With shipping and “discount”, it set me back around $370. It is becoming hard to find. Also, it’s a beautiful package. Love the book. The records sound flat and warm. Love em! Glad I did it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.