Beatles U. S. Boxed Set Question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by kevintee, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevintee

kevintee I’d rather be listening to McCartney Thread Starter

I noticed each U.S. album contains mono and stereo versions of the songs on the album. Which version would give me the original Capitol mix when the album was originally released? I don’t want to just get 2009 remastered British versions in the American compilations playing order.

Thanks!

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the Capitol Boxes Volume 1 & 2....are the best and most accurate way to hear the American albums in all their glory.

3. britt2001b

britt2001b Senior Member

I have these and I had all the original Capitol albums when they were originally released. They seem to be the same mixes as the originals with the exception of the mono "I've Just Seen A Face" on Rubber Soul. The original U.S. mono mix had a slightly different guitar intro, although I believe Capitol has since corrected this. The best confirmation is that the duophonic & Dexter mixes are still on the mixes on the new box set.

4. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

You may be thinking of "I'm Looking Through You", no?

wwright, audiomixer and owsley like this.
  5. britt2001b

britt2001b Senior Member

:doh: Sorry, you're right. Not thinking clearly! Thanks for the correction.

wwright likes this.
  6. kevintee

Crap! Forgot about those. So they are truer to the original release than the 2014 box set?

musicfan37, dlokazip and Michael like this.
  7. Michael

by a trillion lightyears...the 2014 box is a fake/lie.

8. britt2001b

britt2001b Senior Member

More true to the American original Capitol releases.

Michael and bluemooze like this.
  9. Jazzmonkie

Jazzmonkie Forum Resident

My original Capitol stereo cassette of Rubber Soul has a false guitar start on either "I'm Looking Through You" or "I've Just Seen A Face." (Haven't played it in decades and have no player anymore.) I didn't realize it was an anomaly until I was playing it for a friend back in the 1960's. When he heard it he remarked that it wasn't on the record.

wwright and uzn007 like this.
  10. britt2001b

britt2001b Senior Member

This version is true to the original Capitol mixes:

[​IMG]

I don't know about this version:

[​IMG]

fortherecord and bluemooze like this.
  11. Michael

right from the original Capitol US tapes...THANKFULLY we got this before the US FAKE/LIE BOX! they should have used the artwork first on those wonderful boxes instead of saving it for that 2014 piece of crap...

Drifter and bherbert like this.
  12. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

yup...but... the cover replications are.... so nice.

RandelPink, Andrew and Michael like this.
  13. Michael

they are beautiful...as said in my post above should have used those for the 2 Cap boxes!

vince, musicfan37 and Pete Puma like this.
  14. And added Yesterday and Today plus Hey Jude and I would be a one happy guy.

15. Michael

OH YEA!!!! it would be fitting as they OWE us after that mishap/lie/fake/ box...they can do it or license it out to another label and make us happy!

musicfan37 and Pete Puma like this.
  16. Michael

that's it! and VOL. 2...

ODIrony and Calico like this.
  17. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

I like the U.S. albums box. And it is actually only a few mixes on the Second Album which is not represented, since they were drenched in reverb + a few alternate mixes that were missed. Again only on the Second Album. The rest of it are true to form, with the original alternate american mixes in place.

So, you can call it what you want. 3 posts in a row with big letters and exclamation marks will not change my mind or the fact that apart from a few missed mixes, your claim is not true. Unless you want masters form lower quality tapes, then be my guest.

18. kevintee

Thanks Michael and Britt2001b!

britt2001b likes this.
  19. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

...but still sounds great.

Marty T, Shaker Steve and Michael like this.
  20. Michael

IYO, yes...

DK Pete likes this.
  21. Michael

your welcome.

britt2001b likes this.
  22. Michael

keeping tabs? LOL...I disagree with you (all true)...I'll bitch, reply to posts about The Beatles that I disagree with... and the 2 Cap Boxes sound better than the Fake 2014 box... NO one is forcing you to read or reply to my posts...please put me on your IGNORE LIST...I'd greatly appreciate...DO IT!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    musicfan37 and Sidewinder43 like this.
  23. Shaker Steve

Shaker Steve Beatles & Elvis Fan

I respect your views on the 2014 US Box Set but I have to say that you are totally wrong. What you heard back in the 60's was Dave Dexters Duo Phonic disasters. They were the real fakes, not what The Beatles & George Martin intended at all. Don't forget that Dexter was a middle aged jazz snob that hated pop music & The Beatles in particular & he did his best to ruin the sound.

He had to be chased off the job eventually, just imagine the mess he would have made to Sgt Pepper, it doesn't bear thinking about. The unique US mixes are still there but everything else has been cleaned up (not re-mixed sadly) so you get the best possible sound. I have the three Capitol Vol 1 & 2 Box sets so I know what you heard back then & it wasn't pretty. Up to Sgt Pepper they were all chopped up FAKES.

AudiophilePhil and fairaintfair like this.
  24. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

:agree:

25. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

What does your post have to do with this thread? Did you read post #1?

BuckNaked, Michael and Tuco like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.