Beatles Ultimate Collection thoughts

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ets, Aug 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ets

ets Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just to add my thoughts on this new (rumoured?) Beatles Ultimate Collection......

I wouldn't be surprised to see it replace the Red and Blue CDs.

When the Red and Blue Lps came out in 1973 they represented an excellent overview of the Beatles catalog at a reasonable price.

Now in 2002 they represent a terrible value for money. You have to pay $60 or so for 4CDs?

Apple might finally be realizing this and an "Ulitimate Collection" type release on 2 CDs would be an ideal replacement for the Red and Blue CDs.

Then you'd have the Beatles 1 for the fans who just want the hits; and a 2CD set for people who wanted an overview of the career.

2. Dean De Furia

Dean De Furia Senior Member

Good point! It is a bit expensive for the two sets. I just hope the sound is what we all expect.

Dear Capitol,
    Please let Steve Hoffman remaster the new "Ultimate Collection" And while he's at it, I think he can be convinced to "play around" with the masters for DVD-A.
    Thank You,
    Audiophile Beatles Fans

3. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

Tangencially related: I had to warn a couple of friend when the anthologies came out that they were meant for collectors, not for those just wanting an overview of the Beatles' music (the heathens!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.