Beatles US albums

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sweetdudejim, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

I would love to have all the Spizer books. However, they are OOP and ridiculously expensive on eBay. I have been considering the Vee Jay book, which is available as a $50 digital download. Still seems expensive. Is the fold down question addressed? (I don't think it is)

2. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Sorry, I didn't know that they were OOP.

And yes, he definitely addresses the fold down question...
    "Meet The Beatles! (Mono T 2047) - I Want To Hold Your Hand and This Boy are the mono mixes from October 21, 1963. All other songs on the album are Capitol-created mono Type B mix-downs of the British stereo mixes." Pg. 247 of "The Beatles' Story On Capitol Records Part Two: The Albums." He has a similar write up for each album.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
    Dinstun likes this.
  3. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Thanks. But I guess I wasn't clear. I was asking about Vee Jay's "Introducing the Beatles". Do you have Spizer's Vee Jay book, and is it addressed as to whether the mono is a fold of the stereo?

4. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Duh! Let me see if I can find that!

5. bluemooze

bluemooze Senior Member

Sorry, but at the moment I'm not seeing the Vee Jay volume. Too much stuff. Found all the other ones though. It's around here someplace. I hate it when I can't find something I know I have. As soon as I locate it I'll let you know.

Dinstun likes this.
  6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Nowhere Man...

not from capitol anyway. You may find a used corrected set as one cannot totally trust a sealed one with the YELLOW SK1 STICKER that was placed on the outside of the box of the corrected CDs as.there were still some defective boxes even with the sticker!

7. Doug Sulpy

Doug Sulpy Forum Resident

"Introducing" contains the genuine mono mixes of "Please Please Me" and "Ask Me Why." I think the rest of it consists of stereo fold-downs (in the case of "Love Me Do" and "P.S. I Love You," I suspect these were folded down from the fake stereo U.K. mixes).

8. Michael

9. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Thanks, Doug. This seems to me a reasonable conclusion, given the identical intro edits on the mono and stereo versions of "I Saw Her Standing There" and "Misery".

10. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

No.

11. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Hmmmm - it might be...

... in some far-off principality that does not adhere to international copyright rules.

12. Michael

gotcha!

13. Michael

I figured...

14. Canoli

Canoli Forum Resident

Whether it's a legitimate release or not remains debatable but I've got one and I am satisfied at the accurate replica of the original Capitol LP.

[​IMG]

Detailed Description:
    THE BEATLES "Yesterday And Today" 45th Anniversary Deluxe Edition Mini LP CD Japanese

The inserts include:

· Glossy sleeve from very thick, 'heavy' cardboard;
    · CD;
    · Replica of the original envelope;
    · 24-page booklet;
    · Bilingual album info sheet;
    · Sticker with alternate cover;
    · OBI Strip.
    The whole CD comes in factory sealed.

Shaker Steve and Grunherz54 like this.
  15. I grew up with them. I wasn't insulted by the box. In fact I rather liked it

Dan The Man1 and JimC like this.
  16. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

It is completely updated :angel:

17. Smartin62

Smartin62 Forum Resident

Where (besides in a ska-billion dis-jointed posts here)? :confused:

I mean, if we could collect all of the relevant corrections (verifiable and documentable and I don't think there will be that many of them all aded up) and assemble them into one thread on this forum and call it "Brennans Beatles Mix Variations Corrections (once and for all)" - HOW GREAT WOULD THAT BE! :righton:

Slane ... are you interested in undertaking such a task? :love:

18. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Where, holder of all secrets?

19. ronbow

ronbow Senior Member

Legitimate? Not so much. Beautifully-done & worthwhile? Absolutely! It is really nicely done.

And - as suggested above - a great companion to the CAPITOL ALBUMS sets. (Altho one would still really need MMT, w original duophonic mixes, and - IIRC? - the early SFF mix.)

Shaker Steve likes this.
  20. Michael

like it or not it ain't the AMERICAN ALBUMS...covers and track listing yes, but that doesn't qualify it as an authentic CAPITOL ALBUMS box set of albums that we grew up with since 1964...you know that, I know that and we all know that...I see this as an empty box set...

S. P. Honeybunch likes this.
  21. Michael

thanks for the info...

22. Understand your position . But I have a stereo rig that's probably twenty times better now then I had then and any cd will sound different then any LP anyway .

I have about four or five of each Capitol LP title to satisfy my American Beatles craving when I desire that.

JimC and Michael like this.
  23. Michael

and I respect that.

Mazzy likes this.
  24. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

I just had to read this thread. I just may have to get this :(

25. FritzL

FritzL Adrift & Dumbfounded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.