Beatles US albums

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by sweetdudejim, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Some see an empty box set, some see the box set full.

Folknik, dbacon and Mazzy like this.
  2. drbeachboy

drbeachboy Forum Resident

It has fake stereo mixes of the three Revolver tracks. That 3rd one is And Your Bird Can Sing. It also has the early or US mono mixes of those three.

3. FritzL

FritzL Adrift & Dumbfounded

Thanks. Did the original vinyl Yesterday and Today have fake stereo mixes for the three tracks you mentioned? I think I also read on these forums that those 3 tracks were upgraded to true stereo at some point, but I don't know if those were unique US versions or if they were from the UK Revolver. Would you know?

4. DennisF

DennisF Forum Resident

DESS

5. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

You'll find the answer here: http://www.columbia.edu/~brennan/beatles/

6. drbeachboy

drbeachboy Forum Resident

Yes, the original vinyl LP had those fake stereo mixes. Definitely two tracks were unique stereo on later issues, but there are questions whether And Your Bird Can Sing is a unique stereo mix or the UK Revolver mix. To my ears it sounds unique.

Keith V likes this.
  7. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

priorities man...real deal or no deal.

Grunherz54 likes this.
  8. sweetdudejim

sweetdudejim Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just noticed this post after re-reading this thread. What was the debate about the mono "Ticket to Ride" about Smartin62?

9. sweetdudejim

sweetdudejim Forum Resident Thread Starter

Also I noticed that Bruce Spizer pointed out that on the original Capitol album, Beatles VI, and on The Capitol Albums Vol. 2 box set, there are unique remixes of "Kansas City", "I Don't Want to Spoil the Party", "Words of Love", "What You're Doing" and "Every Little Thing" with extra reverb. Now of course as we've went over in this thread, I assume they aren't "remixes" per se, but simply George Martin mixes that Capitol added stuff to. However, since it is Bruce Spizer saying this stuff, I figured I'd ask here...so is there a difference with these songs on this album or is he mistaken? And are these George Martin mixes or is it just another case of Capitol adding stuff?

Also by the way, I finally re-acquired The Capitol Albums Vol. 1 and I must say, a whole lot of that stuff does sound different then the UK albums. While of course the core, canon versions are the UK versions, I gotta say listening to these alternate curios is quite interesting.

10. Michael

I gotta say I am so thrilled to have them on legit CDs..I had them all on grey area CDs and they sounded fabulous...especially MTB which actually sounded better than the official CD...

11. Smartin62

Smartin62 Forum Resident

It's been a couple of years ago and I don't know if I remember everything - but it had to do with whether or not TTR on the US mono album was a fold-down or a true mono mix and Spizer had it wrong and someone said that Spizer said it would be corrected if it ever went back into print.

I was wrong, as well. Slane was right.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/beatles-capitol-cds-part-5.338824/page-24#post-9858579

Just read down from there.

12. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

Just received a "used" copy of the US Albums and it's an obvious counterfeit. It seems that every one of these sets has it's fair share of dopey pirates.

I just put in for a return through Amazon.

To all the jackasses out there pressing up these fake pieces of garbage: I hope you all step on rusty nails. IDIOTS!

:realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad::realmad:

13. MHP

MHP Lover of Rock ‘n Roll

How do you know?

Peter Lack likes this.
  14. Frank

Frank Senior Member

A buyer knows they got scammed when they receive a copy where 95% of the songs are a direct rip from the 2009 remasters! :D

15. MHP

Ok, I asked for that! :laughup:

16. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

I am a collector- and as soon as I opened the box- I knew it was fake. Then, I compared it to my brother's legitimate set. The covers look like crap and all cut off center. The plastic inner and outer sleeves are missing, the CD graphics look like crap, the "Y&T" trunk cover sticker was just thrown in and is attached to cheap paper that's too big for the set. Etc. etc.

All the obvious "Ha! Ha! You dope! You have just been ripped off and we think you have no clue!" counterfeit nonsense is there.

The seller played dumb (zzzzzzzzzzz) but will be giving me a refund and sending a pre-paid return label.

If you see any of these box sets for a discount price, beware. There are tons of fakes flooding the market. People really are jerks. Makes me sick.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  17. MHP

I see.
    But I tell you a strange story to compensate:

I bought an argentinian edition of Yesterday And Today via cdwow.com and that one was strange.
    It had no inner-plastic sleeve and the cd was slot into the inner-paperback.
    Also the trunk-cover wasn't on a sticker, but was just a paper-inlay.
    The OBI-strip was the normal one, but with copyright information in argentinian language.
    I have no doubt in believing that my edition is 100% legitimate, but I just want to post this information to let you know that differences may appear.

That said, I fully understand your irritation. Get a refund quickly.

18. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

Yes. The CD's were inside the replica inner sleeves. Facing in the opposite direction as well. However, there is nothing about Argentina nor any Argentinian lingo present. Everything is in English and "Made in USA" is everywhere.

Quite irritated, indeed.

19. MHP

I understand you are dissapointed. I would be too.
    I have never had the guts to buy from private sellers, unless I have seen pictures of the discs I am about to buy.

20. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

I have never had a problem with third party sellers but just two weeks ago, I received a refund for the stereo box as well. Some jerk has been flooding the market with cheaply priced sets- and after a little red light went on in my head- I sent him a message asking if it was legit etc. He wrote back bouncing all over his words and immediately refunded my account. That was my own stupidity for buying the set and not digging deep enough for more info.

That's what I get for trying to pick up these sets for a bargain. I am done trying to be Mr. Frugal and will pay the full price for both sets directly through Amazon. At least I will know what I am getting.

MHP likes this.
  21. Michael

that sucks! sorry guys for your mishap! BUT, the IRONY is just so fab...Shall we call these fakes of the fake?...

22. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Are you sure this is legitimate? I thought all the 2014 CDs were made in Japan.

23. MHP

I have no reason to believe it is not legitimate. If it was a fake, I would have spotted it right away. And the reproduction of the cover is top-notch, as the other editions, so it's taken from the same high-resolution file.
    I have a copy of the deluxe edition of The Velvet Underground And Nico from Argentina as well, with Universal appovement sticker on it.

24. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident

So if I want some mono mixes of songs I don't have in mono at all, regardless of them not being the mixes from the 60s LPs, I could buy some if these individually here and there? The only mono songs I own are from the "poor transfer"first four 87 cds and I believe Past Masters I.

Keith V likes this.
  25. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

Yes, the US Albums are perfectly fine for getting almost all of the 1962-1966 mono tracks. Getting both stereo and mono albums on one disc is good value.

Eventually though, you're going to want Sgt. Pepper, Magical Mystery Tour and The White Album in mono. You'll probably want Mono Masters as well. If you're careful to avoid fakes, these can often be found individually from a broken up mono box.

Price.pittsburgh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.