Beatles US singles collection w/ original artwork picture sleeves

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by white wolf, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A well respected man

A well respected man Some Mother's Son

If I'm not wrong, the only unique mix would be I Am the Walrus.

Michael likes this.
  2. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

Penny Lane has the opening note cut off on the US mono mix (as well as the duophonic "stereo" mix on the US Magical Mystery Tour found through 1987 pressings). And I Love Her has the single-tracked lead vocal, but that's also available on the Capitol Albums Vol. 1 box. I'll Cry Instead is the longer 2:06 edit, which again is available on the Capitol Albums Vol. 1 box, but on there the sound of fingers scraping the strings precedes the track while the 45 has a clean intro. So there's a difference! Actually, the 45 version can be found on the US 'A Hard Day's Night' LP/CD (with the red cover), so never mind...

A well respected man likes this.
  3. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I wouldn’t have much interest. Of the regular releases, I’ve got all the single and EP picture sleeves except “Can’t Buy Me Love” and Sheridan picture sleeves. My VeeJay sleeves were obtained at great prices except the original owner, who took great care of them, also stamped his name on each sleeve and label. Oh well, at least they are original.

There are a couple of really rare VeeJay promo sleeves - “Anna” and “the record that started Beatlemania”. If they do a box, it would be nice to include them.

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

a complete US SINGLES BOX mastered from the ORIGINAL US TAPES NOT from the 2009 UK masters as we do not need another lie and scar on the American albums like the FAKE American Albums Box Set...
    NO, done like the superior Capitol albums box sets Vol 1 & 2...

kolive and Sidewinder43 like this.
  5. AdamChanSiuLung

AdamChanSiuLung Forum Resident

Absolutely, I'd buy one in an instant. This is one of the biggest want items on my Beatles list.
    Agreed. The sleeves from the Target dept store chain with T-shirts and that box set that first came out on Record Store Day looked crummy. If they don't have the original negatives for those sleeves, then surely they can recreate them by using a clear photo and dropping in the correct font and logos. Might be time consuming, but certainly doable.
    Oh my goodness, you certainly had me going there for a while!

daveidmarx likes this.
  6. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Even that "Can't Buy Me Love" sleeve? Looks to be in very nice shape after all these years. Now, where are your Vee-Jay/Tollie picture sleeves? :)

daveidmarx likes this.
  7. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

I don't have 'em all yet. I wanted to have nice ones of all the Capitol sleeves, to be sure, as those were what I coveted the most as a kid. The 45s are also all in great shape.

Man at C&A and SixOClockBoos like this.
  8. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Nice! That's my goal for one day too since they all look so nice together as you've shown. I'm missing anything on the Apple label, the Can't Buy Me Love record and PS, the Help! record and the Strawberry Fields record and PS, so I'm almost there. As for getting nice versions, I've tried my best with my budget for Beatles, but some of the earlier ones I got had light writing or sticker marks on the record, the record could be replaced for a better copy or the PS had one side coming unglued, small seam splits, a 98 cents stamp in two cases or had a little writing on it. Upgrading will have to be done for some of them, but I'm glad with the way they are (for now)

9. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

That's a fantastic collection. I've never seen those sleeves in the UK. There's some beauties there and the condition looks exceptional. I'm impressed.

daveidmarx likes this.
  10. DennisF

DennisF Forum Resident

I collected all the sleeves and 45s back in the 80s. I also have needledrops of all of them, so I'm all set. I don't see such a collection being re-released, but who knows?

11. ShockControl

ShockControl Bon Vivant and Raconteur!

Will they airbrush the cigarette from the sleeve of the debut single, like they did in 1984?

12. DennisF

DennisF Forum Resident

They put the cigarette back in for the 1994 reissue. :laugh:

13. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.