~~BEATLES vs. MONKEES ~~ Gloves are off...who's YOUR favorite?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sunset Sam, Jan 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

No. They became best known via Disney promotion, but they existed as a band before they got Disneyfied.

People assume that Mickey Mouse scours the malls, grabs attractive teens and makes them stars. Whether or not one LIKES the Jonas Brothers, they put in the work.

Or does receiving promotion now make one "manufactured"? :sigh:

2. Mr X

Mr X Forum Resident

I was going to post something about The Beatles and The Monkees, but I see that is no longer the topic...

3. Oatsdad

Yeah, I guess no one's ever used a theatrical presentation and "crazy outfits" to accentuate performances. I guess we all need to wear jeans and T-shirts to avoid being called "manufactured". :rolleyes:

Takes real balls for someone with that avatar of himself to criticize acts for "crazy outfits". Guess this means the Beatles were manufactured, huh? :sigh:

4. Oatsdad

The Monkees fans decided they had to defend the manufactured nature of the band by calling every other pop act manufactured as well.

Face it, boys: the Monkees were as manufactured as they come. Doesn't make their music bad, but it's a fact - they boast the same origins as the Partridge Family and the Archies.

Calling every modern pop act manufactured - incorrectly, in almost all instances - doesn't change this...

5. RickStark79

RickStark79 Forum Resident

While I agree with most of your points, your :rolleyes: is obnoxious. It must be nice being smarter than everyone else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.