Beatles "White Album" and John Lennon 'Imagine' - Expanded Reissues Due In 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jl151080, Dec 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeatlesObsessive

BeatlesObsessive The Earl of Sandwich Ness

50th anniversarys and audio releases probably don't go together as smoothly as one might think. Comes a time in life where the choice of heart medication and a new pair of subwoofers ain't much of a choice at all. Hey... a couple of bad ear infections and suddenly you've lost 1000 buyers for the Deluxe Package. The fan base is as wealthy and focused on Beatleism as its ever going to get. The kiddies will always love the hits but the fans are going to deliver you the millions of sales THIS CHRISTMAS. Relying on the milennials to deliver you endless profits while flying in the face of Boomers and Xers who can actually AFFORD to give a kid a $250 milenniium falcon toy will make Christmas 2018 as hair raising a time for Universal execs as Christmas 2017 was for the genius bar at Disney. Just remember who keeps those UPS trucks speeding through the neighborhoods, boys and girls!!!

forthlin likes this.
  2. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Resident

This thread is going to go all year, right up to the official announcement, isn't it.

vince, Graham and Lewisboogie like this.
  3. BeatlesObsessive

I'm not saying it's going to be PRETTY... getting Yoko to yes IS going to require an extended ATMOS remix of Revolution #9 with the yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa going 360 degrees round the room ... so at least ONE of those discs is going to be a femdom session on the credit card but if that gives us a bundle of extras so be it!

nojmplease likes this.
  4. BeatlesObsessive

right through september 9... the least we can do is imitate Lennon during this time and just keep repeating... ATMOS.. ATMOS... Joooooohn... ATMOS... John... ATMOOOOOS... john atmos john atmos joooooooooooohn... ATMOOOOOSSSSSSSS... unedited sexy sadie... esher demos... swoooshing airplane engine in ATMOOOOOOOSSSSSSSS....!

If every fan in this thread stops using the term 5.1 and replaces it with ATMOS and makes mention of ATMOS in EVERY post they put in this thread ... maybe... maybe we can have... peace or at least a fold down to 7.4.1?

Shaddam IV likes this.
  5. Gill-man

Gill-man Forum Resident

Why does one assume Yoko is going to be difficult in terms of saying yes and try to shoehorn herself into it? That’s not the impression given thus far with her handling of John’s catalog and Beatles products. We should be lucky to have Yoko to be so agreeable in terms of Beatles releases and to have opened John’s music archives as much as she had.

dee, supermd, davenav and 4 others like this.
  6. BeatlesObsessive

50th anniversary of the APPLE LABEL.. so shouldn't this be cause to issue a new APPLE ??? Instead of a USB stick.. the apple could be a USB/Thunderbolt/Hi Rez Bluetooth 1.? device that can feed programs to your device computer.. playback... and on THAT can be lots of non-linear extras like 27 minute Helter .. Carnival of Light... multiple outtakes... the reason they hate to do it on CD is that each version costs them money.. but stick us with a BILL for the new APPLE data device collectible and they can put as much stuff as they want on it. I think they should bid the CD goodbye with this one.. make it BLU-RAY .. download/data APPLE .. or computer program based APPLE/PC with a linear version for vinyl CD if they want.

7. BeatlesObsessive

i have no difficulty with this whatsoever. I'm noting that Yoko requires a small amount of tribute and deference not that she is obstructionist. To me she is like Marina Abramovic, Twyla Tharp.. sit with her and she will gift you with multitudes... defy her and she will accompany you to the gates of hell. Took these guys 30 or 40 years to get it. Still considering the fact that hardcore Beatles fans will pay anything and pay it often and over the long term to get at this stuff... you have to admit that we have a hard life. I mean... it can't be lost on anyone that we're thrilled to buy 50 year old mono albums because somehow keeping a commonly available album simply IN PRINT is a favor to those of us who could have used SOME of that money to buy ourselves a new KIDNEY!!!

All we want is a shiny crystal apple with all this data in it so we can listen to this music before we DIE!!!! We're not asking for a time machine to deliver us some album that Sia is going to make 10 years from now... we just want a clean vinyl copy of an album we could have bought by the TRUCK LOAD 40 years ago at Jimmy's Music World for $3.99. All we wanted was to see Luke Skywalker cut something in half with a light saber. All we wanted was a Chips Ahoy cookie that still had the soft chocolately chips in it that used to be so sweet instead of the bitter cinnamony crud they sell in the same bag today. Why don't they want us to HAVE the good stuff we used to??? WHHHHHHHYYYYYYY???

JBassNut and Clark V Kauffman like this.
  8. Summer of Malcontent

Summer of Malcontent Forum Resident

Oh, absolutely. But that just means there's even less of an incentive for them to do what the original poster was speculating they would do (i.e. cram mono and stereo versions onto three discs).

9. BeatlesObsessive

isn't that what makes that song so great? i'll give you everything i've GATT for a lil piece of mind... i'll give you everything i've GATTT for a lil piece of mind... i'll give you everything i've GATTT for lil piece of mind... the end of song for which the first was made!!! miiish.. misssh...

DRM likes this.
  10. Gems-A-Bems

Gems-A-Bems Forum Resident

Is someone off their meds?

11. BeatlesObsessive

Gotta admit... I love the White Album... a good ATMOS remix would have the effect of strong meds on me. we're at least 9 months away from the earliest possible release date... it's making me feel like i'll never be bornnnnnn... think we could get them to include an ATMOS Rubber Soul and Revolver in the package a la the old stereo mixes of RS and Revolver on the mono set.

12. Sean Murdock

Sean Murdock Forum Intruder

How so? I feel like I missed something...

13. Sean Murdock

Yup. And the Imagine reissue will get completely ignored. Please, will a gort split these topics up they way they were originally...

dee, supermd, AllenR and 4 others like this.
  14. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

No way they will release the unedited 27 minute Helter Skelter. It might appear in a edited form though.

Shaddam IV likes this.
  15. Extra multiple CDs dint add much to the selling price but added songs do. More songs more publishing money.

Some people don’t serm understand the more songs you cram onto 80 minutes, the more cost there is which in turn is less profit unless they charge more.

Sean Murdock likes this.
  16. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

i have no difficulty with this whatsoever. I'm noting that Yoko requires a small amount of tribute and deference not that she is obstructionist. To me she is like Marina Abramovic, Twyla Tharp.. sit with her and she will gift you with multitudes... defy her and she will accompany you to the gates of hell. Took these guys 30 or 40 years to get it. Still considering the fact that hardcore Beatles fans will pay anything and pay it often and over the long term to get at this stuff... you have to admit that we have a hard life. I mean... it can't be lost on anyone that we're thrilled to buy 50 year old mono albums because somehow keeping a commonly available album simply IN PRINT is a favor to those of us who could have used SOME of that money to buy ourselves a new KIDNEY!!!

All we want is a shiny crystal apple with all this data in it so we can listen to this music before we DIE!!!! We're not asking for a time machine to deliver us some album that Sia is going to make 10 years from now... we just want a clean vinyl copy of an album we could have bought by the TRUCK LOAD 40 years ago at Jimmy's Music World for $3.99. All we wanted was to see Luke Skywalker cut something in half with a light saber. All we wanted was a Chips Ahoy cookie that still had the soft chocolately chips in it that used to be so sweet instead of the bitter cinnamony crud they sell in the same bag today. Why don't they want us to HAVE the good stuff we used to??? WHHHHHHHYYYYYYY???

Frank likes this.
  17. Frank

Frank Senior Member

All we want is a shiny crystal apple with all this data in it so we can listen to this music before we DIE!!!! We're not asking for a time machine to deliver us some album that Sia is going to make 10 years from now... we just want a clean vinyl copy of an album we could have bought by the TRUCK LOAD 40 years ago at Jimmy's Music World for $3.99. All we wanted was to see Luke Skywalker cut something in half with a light saber. All we wanted was a Chips Ahoy cookie that still had the soft chocolately chips in it that used to be so sweet instead of the bitter cinnamony crud they sell in the same bag today. Why don't they want us to HAVE the good stuff we used to???WHHHHHHHYYYYYYY???

18. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

The official announcement for which release, though? ;)

Lewisboogie likes this.
  19. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

@Marry a Carrot You know what picture to post ;)

jlf and paulmccartneyistheman like this.
  20. Marry a Carrot

Marry a Carrot Interesting blues gets a convincing reading.

[​IMG]

21. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Yeah, maybe there's a better mix of the take 2 we got on Anthology or some kind of mix Giles comes up with that uses the best elements of takes 2 and 3? I doubt it'll be longer than 6-7 minutes though, whatever we get of HS.

22. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

This is the year for The Beatles White Album 50th Anniversary !!!
    What month will the news of its release date be announced?

Shaddam IV likes this.
  23. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Resident

Well I just looked it up, and the "Sgt Pepper 50 Set" was announced 'round about April 5th - which is earlier in the year than I remembered. Could be soon!

24. Sean Murdock

All depends on when they plan to release it. If it will be late Spring (like the Pepper box), we could get an announcement in 2-3 months. If it will be near the actual anniversary -- by a happy coincidence, right before Black Friday -- then we probably won't hear anything until late Summer at the earliest.

25. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Time it got its own thread, imagine that.:)

jlf and Shaddam IV like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.