Beau Brummels Bradley's Barn & Triangle

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontokyo, Nov 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rontokyo

rontokyo Senior Member Thread Starter

I've got the Japanese and German issues respectively of these titles but both would appear to have had some sort of noise reduction applied. No remastering info given [natch]. I now notice that Collector's Choice has reissued both. Any opinions on how they sound?

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'm waiting for the new import remasters on UK Warner Music International of Bradley's Barn & Triangle CD's with bonus tracks due out soon if not already.

3. audiodrome

audiodrome Senior Member

The CCM versions sound excellent but I'm interested in the new UK Warner versions also for the bonus tracks. No sign of who's the remastering engineer though - the CCM discs were remastered by Bob Fisher.

4. rontokyo

Bonus tracks!?! That's news to me. Well, add me to the list of those looking forward to those.

5. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

The Brummels had several non-LP songs when they were on Warners that could be used as bonus tracks.

One Too Many Mornings/She Reigned (Warner Brothers 5813)

Here We Are Again/Fine With Me (Warner Brothers 5848)

Do'nt Make Promises/Two Days 'Till Tomorrow (Warner Brothers 7014)

Magic Hollow(from Triangle)/Lower Level(non-LP)(Warner Brothers 7079)

Are You Happy(from Triangle)/Lift Me(non-LP) (Warner Brothers 7204)

There's eight potential songs right there.

6. rontokyo

Of those eight, were any recorded as part of the Bradley's Barn sessions?

7. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

I dont think so. It would be nice to have some bonus tracks from the nashville sessions. This is where I saw a list of their singles:

http://www.borderlinebooks.com/us6070s/fuzz.html?[url]http://www.borderlinebooks.com/us6070s/b.html[/url]

The Beau Brummels reunited to play a "summer of love" memorial concert in San Francisco in Oct., I think it was.

this was from another forum:

"Triangle is a beautiful record, but the one that put me over the
    top was Bradley's Barn. I got to know Wayne Moss (Barefoot Jerry) who played on it and heard some tapes he still had from the sessions. Wayne is an incredible picker, but he said Ron Elliott blew him away. Ron has had health problems for years which is why they stopped touring, but he made a couple of efforts to play with them again."

8. rontokyo

You know, as cool as Bradley's Barn is, not to be overlooked is the 70s self-titled reunion record. I've got the Taxim CD and it may be one of the finest sounding CDs in my collection. Not to mention so many fine songs, all in Bradley's Barn vein.

9. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Re: Re: Beau Brummels Bradley's Barn & Triangle

ICE mentioned a release date of 11/15 on the ACE label. Their website and a few web retailers have no mention of these titles. So who knows what the deal is.

mud-

10. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

I've got that on vinyl--US Warners. I never even thought to look if there was a CD issue of it. Hope it's still available. :rolleyes: Really a wonderful record!

11. rontokyo

You might have to a little looking around. Taxim is a small German label--all to say that it's probably OOP now. Let me know what you come up with [wink, wink, nudge, nudge].

12. Michael

Re: Re: Re: Beau Brummels Bradley's Barn & Triangle

Maybe a mistake? They're on UK Warner Music International...

13. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Beau Brummels Bradley's Barn & Triangle

Hi Michael, probably a mistake but have you seen these for sale anywhere online, whatever? I can't seem to find them. Even looked at Tower UK. No dice.

mud-

14. Michael

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Beau Brummels Bradley's Barn & Triangle

Nope...not a peep.:)

15. rontokyo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Beau Brummels Bradley's Barn & Triangle

Have you checked eBay? I've seen the European issues there for as little as $5-6. But as they're probably the same issues that I have, you won't be happy with them--lots of noise reduction. An earlier post here commented that the recently released Collector's Choice issues sound good.

16. Michael

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Beau Brummels Bradley's Barn & Triangle

Hey Ron,
    We're referring to soon to be released Beau Brummels CD's.

17. rontokyo

Thanks, Michael. I knew you were talking about the new ones [with bonus tracks] last night when I posted, but for some reason that info fled my consciousness when I posted this morning.

18. Michael

LOL...I've done that also.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.