Belle Klipsch review

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by SKATTERBRANE, Mar 18, 2018.

1. The Pinhead

The Pinhead SLEAZY SOUTHAMERICAN CAVEMAN

Are you including the modern floorstanders in that statement as well ?

2. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Forum Resident Thread Starter

I like rock music foremost. However on my Fortes jazz and classical sound great. And even Led Zeppelin sounds great at moderate to low levels. "Klipsch, not just for troglodytes anymore."

3. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Forum Resident

My only experience with Klipsch speakers is the Heresys that I have had for 30 years. They are great Rock speakers. Would love a pair of Cornwalls.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    The Pinhead and shirleyujest like this.
  4. The Pinhead

The Pinhead SLEAZY SOUTHAMERICAN CAVEMAN

Modern Klipsch floorstanders are rock-oriented too but are versatile speakers. Glad you enjoy your Heresys. I don't doubt they rock, for they're Klipsch !:righton:

Chris Schoen and SandAndGlass like this.
  5. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

That's too bad. I guess there's a good reason why Belles don't get a lot of talk or universal accolades like K-Horns & Cornies always do. You live. You learn. Next toy! :)

And you can pry my Crites hot-rodded Chorus IIs and Cornwall IIs outta my cold, dead hands. I'm done and done looking for new loudspeakers.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Dennis0675 likes this.
  6. searing75

searing75 Forum Resident

I am blown away by my Cornwalls every damn time I listen to them!

7. dmckean

dmckean Forum Resident

I went from an upgraded KLF-20 pair to KI-396-SMA-II and it was a huge jump.

8. PhxJohn

PhxJohn Forum Resident

I have heard Cornwalls and they sound great. I have owned Belle Klipsch(brand new...1996...$3500) and they were the worst speakers that I have ever heard. I hated them. I owned 2 pairs of KG4's which I enjoyed. I bought my brother a pair of new Forte's for his 60th birthday and he loves them. The Belles were made for center channel use originally. They were never meant to have strong bass and may have very well been 'voiced' for center channel use.

9. Khorn

Khorn Forum Resident

I felt similar when I bought the LaScalas, they had a “thin” sound to them. I exchanged them and purchased new Klipschorns and was amazed how much smoother and better they sounded across the frequency band with a far superior bottom end. I wouldn’t change them unless I had to.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  10. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Forum Resident

It is worthy of noting that the horns and drivers are exactly the same components as are in the larger K-horns.

But, as you say, the sound is completely different.

Khorn likes this.
  11. Khorn

Khorn Forum Resident

Sum product of great design and application I guess.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  12. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Forum Resident

True, but all the components that are used in the La Scala's were originally designed for the K-horns.

Putting them in the La Scala cabinet was an afterthought for a portable P.A. application. NOT home stereo use!

13. PhxJohn

PhxJohn Forum Resident

The bass horns of the Belles and LaScala's are much shorter than those of the Klipschorns which with corner placement use the walls as extensions of the bass horn. Also, the Belles have a shorter midrange horn than the other two models.

SandAndGlass likes this.