Benjamin Miracord 50H Turntable.

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by GabeL, May 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GabeL

GabeL Forum Resident Thread Starter

My Mom has one of these that she asked me to research a bit. Currently, it doesn't work perfectly, but I am sure that any handy turntable enthusiast could get it working. I would describe it as excellent physical condition. Any info related to this turntable would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks :)

2. Clay B

Clay B Forum Resident

Had to look up a picture to make sure I remembered correctly. In the late 60's record changers were still popular among hi fi enthusiasts (we weren't yet audiophiles) but we were cool and never used the changer function. The three main competitors for this market in the US were Garrard, Elac Miracord, and Dual. Your Mom's Miracord was very highly regarded at the time but along with Garrard sold in smaller numbers than Dual, at least in my neck of the woods. I like the look a lot and if I recall correctly the quality was equivalent to Dual which was excellent.

Though they don't mention the Miracord on their own websites there are two highly regarded turntable restoration folks I would call or e-mail to ask if they know of anyone working on Miracords. The two outfits are Fixmydual and Vinyl Nirvana. Both highly regarded. Your Mom should get the Dual working properly and enjoy some records!

HiFi Guy likes this.
  3. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

A terrific table built like a tank. Probably just needs a thorough cleaning, removal of old grease, etc. Tons of info on Audiokarma and Vinyl Engine. Once up and running will sound great.

Daily Nightly likes this.
  4. Clay B

Clay B Forum Resident

Obviously meant getting the Miracord working properly in last sentence above. Getting old has it's moments.

5. GabeL

GabeL Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll keep looking into this and let my Mom know. I know she doesn't have an interest in using it herself, but if I can get it working again, I might be able to get her a few $$ to pick up something nice for herself :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.